Mati Has Gray/black Goopy Gunk On Her Chin - Stomatitis?

missbliss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Mati has been in poor health for the last few months, now there is an added feature that is her chin is very wet (drool?) black and gray and painful when she eats - is this stomatitis? She had her teeth (aside from back) removed years ago due to an accident. I can't go through more with her. She's been through so much already.

Any other conditions this could be other than stomatitis? I looked in her mouth - the gums don't seem inflamed. The roof of her mouth has a line - like separating - light from red. The red part goes down to her throat. Is this abnormal?

The home visiting vets are not picking up and this is not good at all.

Plus she is running outside all the time - the pain is maybe eased when she's outdoors.....keeping her inside is a nightmare now because of the yowling :/

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know whats going on with her. But i would have a vet visit as soon as possible. Sounds like she is in quite a bit of pain, and thats not good.

Best wishes for her. and do keep us updated!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This doesn't sound right at all. I'd recommend a vet trip, and as soon as you can manage it. Be sure to tell them that it is urgent, not routine.

And I second what duckpond duckpond said, keep us updated please! There are few things more worrisome than hearing something like this, then not knowing the outcome. We fret.