Married Couples. Public affection

bazkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have been married almost 18 years and have been together for 22 1/2. (Over half my life) We still hold hands when we're out, or someone
has an arm around the other.
: We do not, however, get gropey ( is that a word??) or look like we need to 'get a room!'

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have PDA, been together for nearly 9 years, married for just about 4months

I think PDA has its time and place as well - Sucking face in public just isn't nice!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not married yet but I think that public displays of affection are tastless. Holding hands, or a quick kiss hello or goodbye are fine. But making out, or touching each other inappropriately in public, is just gross. People that do that are just asking for attention.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Awww, that is cute!

Well, after some 26+ years...we don't even show affection in private!

The Thrill Is Gone!

Hilda >^..^<
I was going to actually say the same thing!!! Even though we've only technically been married for just over 1 year though together for 9!

Originally Posted by GailC

Nearing 22 yrs of marriage and we didn't do alot of PDA to start!!
That's how we are.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I really don't do much PDA. We've been married for almost three years, but have been together for 11 years. I know he loves me so we don't have to grope each other when we are out, but if we are at a place where I really don't know anyone, he will take my hand and stay close to me because I am really nervous around people I don't know very well. We will give each other quick pecks on the lips if we are at one of the others work places, but nothing else.
We snuggle and cuddle and things at home where we feel like it's appropriate.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband is very affectionate, but usually on in private. Around family, we do show some PDA.
Unfortunately, due to stress, we havent had much of a sex life lately.
I know that sex relieves stress, but I'm often not in the mood because of so many other things on my mind. I find it hard to let go despite my husband ravenously coming after me and being understanding.
We women work differently, I suppose...

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted other-

We still hold hands or link arms, and there's usually a quick hug and/or kiss when we part ways. But generally, that's about it for public. Neither one of us really into people playing tonsil hockey in front of the whole world.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

Unfortunately, due to stress, we havent had much of a sex life lately.
I know that sex relieves stress, but I'm often not in the mood because of so many other things on my mind. I find it hard to let go despite my husband ravenously coming after me and being understanding.
We women work differently, I suppose...
Yeah, what she said. That...and menopause. I mean its literally ''men''-''o''-''pause'' for some of us!!!

Hilda >^..^<

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i save the PDA for ,my gf.

kidding, nope i am not into that . Also with itta being raised where she was, you just dont do that.(of course there are also those that do) but normaly the most you will get me to do is hold hands.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May will make 10 years for me and Hubby and yes we still hold hands,pinch butts,and etc. while out in public.
I think it helps make for a happy,healthy,carefree marriage.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No PDA here, occasionally we'll hold hands but that's about it.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing like that for us. Holding hands- yes, a peck on the lips- yes, but nothing more than that. I get disgusted when people are making out in a public area. Save it for the house!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Clu

My partner and I cannot legally get married but no, we don't show affection in public. PDA actually annoys both of us.
How come ya'll can't get married?