Marley Hasn’t Peed Or Pooped In 4 Days

ChristineJames

Furmum to Marley and step Mum to Nismo
Kitten
Purraise
hey guys, so my cat Marley has just flown interstate, into a house with another cat he doesn’t know (very out of his comfort zone).
He’s currently separated from other cat so he can get comfy and destress a bit.
He has been eating normal and drinking fine but is yet to go to the bathroom.

Unfortunately he used to be an outside cat who only went to the bathroom outside. He tends to sleep in litter boxes not use them for their intended purpose. When inside he always goes over a drain (shower drain, bath tub or just on a hard floor).

I’m getting worried, can anyone please give me some advice or if you know anything? Please and thank you in advance ☺

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Is he with you? Or with someone else? I'm sure either way, he's very stressed, but I think it's time to consult a vet. Especially if you're sure he hasn't peed at all in 4 days.

You could try putting some unfertilized potting soil on top of the litter. That sometimes works to help feral cats learn to use the litter box.

Or put him in a tub or shower to see if that helps him to pee. Though, of course, the litter box is preferable.

Four days, though, is a long time, so I think vet advice is your best bet.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, a vet visit as soon as possible for him. If he has not used the litter box in that long its a real health concern! The vet should be able to help. He may need anti anxiety meds for a bit, until he is comfortable at his new home!
keep us updated with how he is doing! :heartshape:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ChristineJames

Kitten
Purraise
I contacted the vet as soon as they opened and got him in straight away. He is on anxiety meds and has gone to the bathroom. Phew!
Thank you both for your advice, very helpful!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ChristineJames

Kitten
Purraise
Also there was nothing wrong with him physically other than being super stressed.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad Marley's doing better, and has some meds to help with his anxiety. Thanks for the update.