March Madness

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl

Sorry Katherine, but I'm going for UCONN, I've been a fan of them since 1992, so I want them to win.

West Virginia fans, you guys are playing the big dogs, so good luck beating them cause you're going to need it.

I filled out a bracket, and so far I only have two wrong.
The last time I did was three years ago, I threw it away on the first day.
It's ok guys. I know UCONN has been a big name a lot longer than UCF, so I understand! I am however enjoying watching UCF give UCONN a hard time in this game.
As the commentators said, "UCF won't lie down!"

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry but now one mentioned the really good teams.......ie University of Wisconsin-GO BADGERS...And lets not forget UW-Milwaukee a potential Cinderella team!!
For the women UW-Green Bay GO PHOENIX......
But lets not forget Syracuse-my sister coached there for 9 yrs but not she is in the much bashed ACC Conference (GO Hoos!!!)

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UCF vs UCONN
71 - 77

I can't TELL you guys how much I enjoyed watching UCONN sweat that one out! I love it when someone goes in expecting an easy win and sees that they have to FIGHT for it!!! Beautiful game by my boys!!!
I couldn't have asked for much more from them! Nearly upsetting a #2 seed, when we're a 15 seed is good enough for me! WAY TO GO UCF! WAY TO MAKE EM PANIC!!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to UCF for keeping this game close.

Congrats to UW-Milwaukee, I didn't think they can beat Alabama, but they did. Good luck against Boston College. I'll be going for BC because I'm a fan of them too. (since 1993)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What great games yesterday!!!!!!!! I got to watch Boston College get knocked off by Wis Milwaukee. That was an exciting game!!!! The entire crowd was behind Wis.Milwaukee. Then got to watch my Mountaineers beat Wake Forrest in a double overtime thriller!!!!! I still can't believe we pulled it off!!!!And I had WVU winning!!!

My bracket is doing ok. Sryacuse lost and I had them going to the final four!! Gonzaga lost too and they were another of my final four teams.

Out of the Big East, UCONN, Sryacuse, and WVU are still in it!!!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok my braket is shot now that Uconn lost. But my Mountaineers are heading to the Sweet 16!!!!!
I have class with Kevin Pittsnogle, we gave him a standing "o" hahha. It's been a great season so far. On to Albuquerque and Texas Tech!!!! Lets make the General throw some chairs!!!!
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! We made it to the Elite 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome game last night!!!!!! Let's Goooooooooo

Mountaineers!!!!!

Glad to know you're still here, eburgess. I was afraid Mo-town had been burned to the ground...

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
all was fine until damn drunks flipped a car into the fire.
that part was scary!! we all ran for fear it would explode.
Thankfully the fire trucks were there and put it out.

Here are some pics.....
Jon (my boyfriend), me, and Mike (Jon's roommate) before choas
[/IMG]

Why Jon stayed to take this I will never know. But here's the car. I would love to here that conversation with the insurence company
[/IMG]

Thankfully no one was seriously hurt.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to West Virginia, I knew you guys could beat TT. I don't know why the fans have to riot. I hate it when fans act that way. I'm glad Miami, FSU and Florida fans don't act stupid, like the way fans from up north do. I'm sorry but I'm just being honest.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good grief I can never understand the mentality of riots. It's just nuts. That poor person who lost their car due to some people who got out of control must just be beside themselves. I sure would be.

Glad you were able to stay safe!!!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
everything was fine until they flipped the car. We were cheering and singing and watching the fire. The fire dept and police let us do our thing. and everyone was happy, then they flipped the car then all hell broke loose. Everyone was like "what are they doing! Why did they do that" It only took 9 or 10 people to riun it for everyone and it sucks. The police should have expected it and they wre caught off guard. I guess they didn't notice the buzz around campus.

We went crazy b/c we never thought we'd making it to the elite 8. We were told "they'll never beat Wake Forrest, then you'll never beat Texas Tech" and we beat them both!! We were excited and happy, and for many very drunk.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to West Virginia for making it this far. They had a chance to win today, but couldn't close it out. That's a pretty good basketball team they have there, I never thought they were going to make it that far. How are the fans behaving in Morgantown?

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Congrats to West Virginia for making it this far. They had a chance to win today, but couldn't close it out. That's a pretty good basketball team they have there, I never thought they were going to make it that far. How are the fans behaving in Morgantown?
Yeah it was a heart breaker, I'm proud of them. They had a great run!!
I don't know about Morgantown, I'm home for the Easter. I figure it'll be still there

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm too hurt to really go into it right now, but WVU really could've won that game... Why must WVU fans always get their dreams crushed? I've come to expect it from the football team but now basketball...where's the humanity? I love WVU, though. They had a great tournament. Props to coach Beiline.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Congrats to West Virginia, I knew you guys could beat TT. I don't know why the fans have to riot. I hate it when fans act that way. I'm glad Miami, FSU and Florida fans don't act stupid, like the way fans from up north do. I'm sorry but I'm just being honest.
Well, it's really no defense BUT you gotta understand, WVU is one of the top party schools in the nation. Crazy things happen when you get a bunch of crazy party hardy kids together. AND, it's not just students from West Virginia, WVU has students from EVERYWHERE.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to Illinois, I have them in the Championship game with North Carolina. I'm going with Illinois,
I picked those two since the beginning, even though my bracket was a mess with all the upsets. Hopefully I get the Championship right.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eburgess

Ok March MAdness starts in a week or so... who's planing on watching? Who's going to the dance? Who's going to walk away with the national title??
That would be the Kansas Jayhawks. I live 30 minutes from the campus and OMG are things insane around here right now. I'm afraid to go out tonight and I'm curious how many people will show up to work with hangovers in the morning.

College basketball is almost a religious experience in this part of the country.