Marble poops

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are fed a combo raw and canned 50/50. Jennie had a vet appointment on Wednesday, and she conveniently pooped right before it was time to go so I scooped it up and took it with me. It was a classic raw/canned poop, I should have taken a picture!

I noticed they have a new tech there at the vet. After her exam Jennie was brought to the back to have her blood taken. I remembered something so poked my head through the door that leads to the back t ask someone to relay my message and I saw this new tech at the microscope, and she must have been examining Jennie's poop because I heard her whisper to the person training her "why is it different colors?" :lol3:

I piped up and said is that Jennie's? When the tech nodded I said proudly "Her poop is marbled because she eats half canned, half raw diet." Might as well spread the word whenever possible, you know?

Last edited:

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, when my vet remarked how shiny and smooth Ritz' coat was I said, 'must be all that raw I feed her'.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL otto! I have seen the marble poops as well. I imagine it is a little strange to someone who's never seen one before.