Marble and her pregnancy: Advice is appreciated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mageris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Things are going smoothly so far from what I've kept track of since I'm with her everyday. I made yet another nest for her because she decided it would be fun to crawl and get stuck under the dishwasher.i blocked off the entrance and she's very pleased with her newest nest. Now she has three to choose from. Talk about spoiled!

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three is not unusual for nesting options.  You want her in a safe place.  If she's looking for a nest she is getting close.

mageris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's been doing this nesting off and on for alittle over a week essentially. It's only the last 3 days She's just been in them all day practically,moving blankets and kneading and whatnot.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's due any time now. The nesting and discharge are indicative that labor is imminent. Keep us posted as to her progress.

mageris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She keeps changing positions every few minutes and kicks her feet on her box. Nothing really has happened since my last report but the sides of her stomach are no longer really profound and i can only rarely feel the babies near her hind legs next to her back teats. She's been in her nesting box the whole day again too. Im wondering if I'm checking up on her too much. :/
My boyfriend's mom said when she was pregnant before, that pregnancy also took forever too so I'm starting to think it's her genes and possibly age.

mageris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Will you guys help me determine if necessary when i should maybe talk to a vet if she hasn't delivered on her own? I'm not sure when i should honestly.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can call a vet anytime if you'd like. She is not showing any signs of infection or stress yet according to your thread.

How old is your cat?

Didn't you say she could have conceived until June 6th?

Can you post a picture of her please?

mageris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah that was the last day we caught her with a Tom outside before we left for Florida that night. I redid my math and i was off by a week.from the last day, She's on day 68 so right on schedule. I calmed down a bit after that. oh well,Math is not a favorite anyways.

I'm unsure of her exact age but my boyfriend's family has had her for at least 5 years and when they got her she was already an adult cat. My estimate is between 7-9 years but i highly doubt any older.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ouch! She is old to be having babies. Due to her age, you may want to talk to your vet so that he is on standby should there be any problems during labor and delivery.

She's in her ninth week of pregnancy.

Last edited:

mageris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Care to guess how many there will be?

mageris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She had two. One was fully manx just like her, both all black. Female was manx, the male was not. My boyfriend's family has kept both and they are healthy, happy, and spayed/neutered.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may not have a big litter this time either, but no way to know for sure without a scan.

Is she as small a cat as she appears in the pictures?

mageris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah she's relatively small and stocky built. Her son is huge though, hence why he's named Thor.