manicure pics...

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Gorgeous colors, ladies!! I love Glass Pink by Sinful Colors, that's one I reach for a lot when I want a color that's not too bright!
Today I have a job interview, and I am wearing Essie's ballet slippers on my nails. It's a light nude, and I was just thinking that this will probably also be the color I'll go for when I'm a bridesmaid to my best friend next month...I just love classy and nude colors almost as much as bright ones!

Here is my stash, I'm almost embarassed that I've indulged too much..I wish I could show you all the colors up close, but that would take forever

Here is Essie's Ballet Slippers, sorry for the sloppy application. You really can't see the mistakes too much in real life

Jordi, I want to know the name of the color you had on your toes that was really bright pink! Yesterday I picked up a neon orange from Milani, I hope it glows like that in the light too
LOVE your stash! The neon pink is Nina Ultra PRO Fucshia Rage. I love the color! Its my go-to summer color! In fact I am thinking about paining my toes that color for this weekend! Right now they are a bright yellow. And it dries super quick! But its almost a matte color without a top coat on it!

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OoooOOOOo that's really cute. I am so huge on pink right now. (Hated it for the first 26 years of my life!)

In keeping with the pink theme, I got the nail effects too. I was determined to find the pink camo and I did. I thought at first, they would look really bright and obnoxious but they are quite nice. I LOOOOVE them.

Oh I meant to ask, how long did you get out of yours? I am on the 4th day and they still look like I just did them. I did chip a couple though, but that was me being rough. I actually didn't file the tips of them. I bent them over my nail and broke the leftovers away so there was some covering the tip of my nail and tucking underneath a tad. Then I put a topcoat on. It seems to really help them last long.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuvMyParker

Oh I meant to ask, how long did you get out of yours? I am on the 4th day and they still look like I just did them. I did chip a couple though, but that was me being rough. I actually didn't file the tips of them. I bent them over my nail and broke the leftovers away so there was some covering the tip of my nail and tucking underneath a tad. Then I put a topcoat on. It seems to really help them last long.
I put a top coat on them the next day. I think they ended up lasting about 5 days, but we had Garys party that night and I managed to screw them up badly while getting the house ready for that and making all the food. But I think if I get them again, it will only be for a special occasion and then I will be able to be a bit more careful of them.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I found some Konad style plates, they were $10 for 25 plates and each plate has 5-8 designs. And they are AMAZING! So of course I had to try them out! So out of 10 nails, 7 turned out pretty good! Now to decide which to keep!!

Volunteer Themed

Zebra print

White and orange flowers

Cow print

swirlies

black with turquoise flowers

Green with olive flower/medallion

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuvMyParker

I love the zebra one!! The black and silver go awesome together with that design!
Thanks! I was kind of thinking about doing the zebra one with a bright purple and silver or maybe the swirly one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you get the konad plates from for that cheap? That's awesome I always wanted to try those!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
amazon!
not sure if they are off brand or if they are mistake plates or what is up with them, but they work perfectly lol
Here is the design I went with!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a pedicure on Friday and she used a metallic nail polish then held a magnet over the polish to create a star. My daughter had the stripes magnet. I tried to attach a picture but it's too big. I'll try to crop it tomorrow and attach.