Man in wheelchair taken on 50 MPH ride on semi!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They did say his wheelchair was going to need new tires...

He really must have had a guardian angel along for the ride! Talk about things that you would never even think of happening to somebody- I think that one may take the cake for a while!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soda pop.

I don't know how he got there. I could see if he was somehow positioned in front of the semi that the driver probably didn't see him.
Why anyone would place someone in a wheel chair in front of a semi is beyond me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Soda pop.

I don't know how he got there. I could see if he was somehow positioned in front of the semi that the driver probably didn't see him.
Why anyone would place someone in a wheel chair in front of a semi is beyond me.
I was wondering how he got attached to the semi too!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I was wondering how he got attached to the semi too!
Aren't driver's supposed to do circle checks prior to getting in their vehicle after stopping and getting out of the cab?

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The semi was stopped at an intersection and did not see the guy crossing the street in his wheelchair because he was right in front of him. The light turned green and he took off.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That guy is so lucky to be alive!!!!! I'm not in a wheelchair, but if I was and something like like that happened to me, I would probably die of fright just from being pushed along in front of a semi like that.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Soda pop.

I can see how it could happen.... some places, the dip in the sidewalk for a stroller or wheel chair to cross is a little bit further back.... and if the truck was a little past the white line, the boy would have been to the side of the truck a bit, in a blind spot... then he drifted a bit, and caught the kids chair.... and cause the truck is so high he couldn't see.... but how scary, what if it was a 5 yr old, or a 9 yr old not in a wheelchair?

Kenz, did you read the article on the 13 yr old girl who found a 3 ct diamond?! I'm ready to take my next vacation to AK....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Kenz, did you read the article on the 13 yr old girl who found a 3 ct diamond?! I'm ready to take my next vacation to AK....
No! But I'm on my way to find one too!!