man in black baby ya

gia_c

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so since like all of my friends saw walk the line friday night and didnt even call and ask if i would like to go
im going at 7:30 (its 6:30 pm now) to see it..by myself though..call me weird. but i can go see a movie at the theater by myself and not feel like a total loser, lol. plus..pretty much all my 'friends' have already seen it. so yea..im excited. i know it was crazy harry potter weekend..but i have never seen the movies/read the books so its walk the line weekend for me!!
and RENT on wed for me!!!!
sweeeeeeeet.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw Walk The Line and Harry Potter back to back last night.

I was extremely impressed with Joaquin Phoenix's performance. As many critics have stated, he's definitely a contender for the upcoming Oscar's. There wasn't a dull moment in the film, and the fact that both Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon recorded their own music for the film is quite amazing, actually.

As for Johnny Cash, he's one of the few country singers I've actually always enjoyed listening to. There is a lot of soul in his voice. I was said when he passed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gia_c

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
man that was an awesome movie. loved every minute of it!!
the guy behind me in line said he saw johnny cash..i forget where he said..but yea..chills..i love joaquin phoenix...and river phoenix (hence my animals names lol) if/when i get another male cat i'll name him joaquin probably. HIGHLY recommend the movie. and god i would die if he won an oscar! heck yea!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gia_c

man that was an awesome movie. loved every minute of it!!
the guy behind me in line said he saw johnny cash..i forget where he said..but yea..chills..i love joaquin phoenix...and river phoenix (hence my animals names lol) if/when i get another male cat i'll name him joaquin probably. HIGHLY recommend the movie. and god i would die if he won an oscar! heck yea!
I was a huge fan of River's back in the 80's/early 90's as well. He was probably the only actor I actually had a thing for. It's so sad how he passed when I imagine most of his fans thought he was a clean living guy.

Obviously talent runs in the family! They both carry that same intensity in performing a role, that's for sure.