Man cuts dogs ears off to 'look tough'

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, exactly... aggression should be seen as a major defect in the breed, just like any other. After all, when your Siamese has a kinked tail and crossed eyes, you don't breed her; why breed a pit bull (whatever the specific pit-bull breed) if he's got any sort of aggression?

If we could just get rid of backyard breeders, and have only the people who care about the breed, breed dogs... we'd have no trouble with pit bulls being any more aggressive than any other sort of dog.

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It would take awhile, maybe beyond our lifetimes I've heard alot of money is put on fighting dogs people breed curten lines of pits to as good as they can with the sport. Hopefully animal protecton laws get better about getting rid of those lines and then the dangerous pit bulls will become like bulldogs are today..

afraser1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is just disgusting and sick. My daughter (6) said they should chop his ears of to see if he likes it. She is very much an animal person and hates anyone who does bad things to them.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Can we get about a dozen of TCSers and five minutes alone with this guy and a rusty butter knife?
Only a dozen TCS'ers? How about we all have at him?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that however people abuse their pets, they should receive the same punishment in return, no matter how gruesome. I think it's only fair. When I see people do this to animals it always gets my blood pressure boiling and I get raving mad!

minnie&cyclopes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is so sad to me...I have a Boxer and that is near and dear to my heart...I am a member of a Boxer forum and I have to stay away from the cropping and docking subjects b/c its cruel..We rescued our baby as a pup and he was already docked but we were able to save his beautiful floppy ears
I don't understand why everyone doesn't get fined for this...especially docking: two methods cutting with surgical scissors or the rubber band method and NO ANESTHESIA

Cropping is just as painful for the dog and who want to walk around with their ears tapped for weeks, months, maybe have multiple surgeries and still possibly not stand....
The European countries (and parts of Australia) have really started not to tolerate and have banned this inhumane act of docking/cropping

Duchess I am with you all the way...Animals are gifts in our lives not possessions to do whatever we please, we must respect and above all protect them.