Mammary Cancer

clowdy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat 13 years old has 3 lumps, one on her left nipple with discharge the other one on armpit and the last on her shoulder which is not increasing in size.I noticed the lump in her niplle last Oct 2022 and the lump on her armpit late 2021 and shoulder lump mid 2021. The vet measured the armpit and shoulder lump monthly. My vets performed radical masectomy surgery on my cat last Jan 31 2023 and they also removed the one in the armpit which is also increasing in sice. They left out the one in the shoulder because it is not increasing. She is still recovering from surgery but she is active and has good appetite. Her biopsy result came today they said my cat has cancer. They did abdominal and chest xray today and the result is normal no sign of it spreading to internal organs. They said the next step is chemo. I just want to ask will my cat going to be fine? She has no symptoms right now and never had any symptoms before the lump is removed. She is always active.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am so sorry your cat has been diagnosed with mammary cancer. I don't think there is any typical guideline on what to expect. I have read threads where the cat went into remission with chemo - some with no recurrence, others with. It is good news that they don't think it has spread! Keep the faith that she is one of those who has good results with chemo!

Until other members come along who have dealt with this directly, maybe you would like to look through of the previous threads - if you have not already done so.
Search Results for Query: mammary cancer | TheCatSite

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clowdy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. I am so sorry your cat has been diagnosed with mammary cancer. I don't think there is any typical guideline on what to expect. I have read threads where the cat went into remission with chemo - some with no recurrence, others with. It is good news that they don't think it has spread! Keep the faith that she is one of those who has good results with chemo!

Until other members come along who have dealt with this directly, maybe you would like to look through of the previous threads - if you have not already done so.
Search Results for Query: mammary cancer | TheCatSite
Thank you for the encouragement. I am doing okay even after her surgery since my cat is recovering well and is active. I am just getting paranoid today ever since the result came out. I just wish she will be fine again. I really love her and I've been taking care of her ever since when she's still 3 mos old.