Mamanyt1953 needs furrever home home for an abandoned sweet kitty

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks. I'm still hoping to get some good lovey-dovey pictures of him. SIGH...it has been so cold recently that I'm not able to sit out as often as I used to. LOL, earlier this evening, he made a break for the front door, to come in! I grabbed, and ended up with his tail! He squalled, Hekitty blew up like a bottle brush and hissed like a dragon in heat! Didn't bother Topper in the least...he was oblivious, and just wanted in!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I'm still hoping to get some good lovey-dovey pictures of him. SIGH...it has been so cold recently that I'm not able to sit out as often as I used to. LOL, earlier this evening, he made a break for the front door, to come in! I grabbed, and ended up with his tail! He squalled, Hekitty blew up like a bottle brush and hissed like a dragon in heat! Didn't bother Topper in the least...he was oblivious, and just wanted in!
Poor baby:sigh::frustrated::sniffle::frown:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He seems to be making real headway with my next door neighbor. Her son adores him, and they've let him in several times now. She asked me how to get permission for a pet, so it is looking good...gave her instructions for getting a 504 accomodation letter from her doctor, or her son's pediatrician. I haven't wanted to say anything, because nothing is certain yet, but...we'll hope!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
He seems to be making real headway with my next door neighbor. Her son adores him, and they've let him in several times now. She asked me how to get permission for a pet, so it is looking good...gave her instructions for getting a 504 accomodation letter from her doctor, or her son's pediatrician. I haven't wanted to say anything, because nothing is certain yet, but...we'll hope!
:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :catlove:🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏💗

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He is spending more and more time inside at Pantera's house. He and her son are quite a pair! I think that he has found his safe place. Although...Pantera's dad is threatening to kidnap him! He has a big group of people falling in love with him! I miss him, but...I can't help but feel wonderful about it!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You Big city folks need accommodation Letters to have a Cat? Really.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You Big city folks need accommodation Letters to have a Cat? Really.
Not everywhere. Our apartment is HUD/RD assisted, rent based on income, and does not allow pets. Therefore, to have a pet, you have to have it designated as an Emotional Support Animal, which also means that you can't be charged a pet deposit.

LOL, and I'm in a town so tiny that we don't even have a "down town." We look like the outskirts to a big city...three miles of small stip malls, gas stations, fast food joints, etc. We have a little over 20,000 people, many of them stationed at Cherry Point Marine Air Base, and not long-term citizens. I'd say 1/3-1/2 of the population is there.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my experience, small-town landlords are a lot worse about allowing pets. Not like you have any choice! In a city they have to compete with the other landlords so they might have to allow pets to get any renters. But, ha, in a small town you can take it or live in your car, what do they care. Also, landlords with less than a certain amount of rentals (varies by state) don't have to abide by ADA laws so they don't have to accept ESAs or even Service Dogs. My brother's landlord is one of those.

But then 20,000 isn't a small town in SD, lol. Yankton has 14,000 and we consider it the big city :tongue: .

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not everywhere. Our apartment is HUD/RD assisted, rent based on income, and does not allow pets. Therefore, to have a pet, you have to have it designated as an Emotional Support Animal, which also means that you can't be charged a pet deposit.

LOL, and I'm in a town so tiny that we don't even have a "down town." We look like the outskirts to a big city...three miles of small stip malls, gas stations, fast food joints, etc. We have a little over 20,000 people, many of them stationed at Cherry Point Marine Air Base, and not long-term citizens. I'd say 1/3-1/2 of the population is there.
Your in a Community 2.5 times larger than mine. We have only one strip mall. The city regulates whom may open new businesses .

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Also, landlords with less than a certain amount of rentals (varies by state) don't have to abide by ADA laws so they don't have to accept ESAs or even Service Dogs.
Yeah, I knew that, however, if they accept HUD or RD rental assistance, they still have to do 504 accommodations, regardless of the number of units. And since all of our units are RD-assisted, they have to allow service and ESA animals.