Males vs. Females?

tlea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes,...as I have always felt that males do tend to be alot less moody,...& not quite as independent as any of the females that I have had,..I am going to try,...& reach that one lady this wkend,...hopefully she "feels" up to it,...lol,..IF not,..then I will have to wait & see when I can reach the other lady that has a few shaded silver males that will be ready in a few wks,...meanwhile,...I will take care of what I have to here,..& thats get my malltese in to the vet to be spayed,...since she is a BIG whine baby,...lol,..& spoiled rotten,...& will probably demand alot of attention,..& not want a young kitten around her while she is recovering from her surgery,.even if its lasic/laser?,..I am sure she won't be feeling all that great for a bit,...
At any rate,,.I do know even tough,..that one female torti,...is the cutest of all fo them,..I do believe she would cause some problems here,...& I think one of the males would fit into our family the best,..& I have to take into consideration,..all of us,.....Thanks for your input on all of your babies,...Its helped me a great deal to make my final decision,...Have a great evening!!! TLEA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I just hope if I do get a male he isn't TOO cuddly as in a lap cat, because my female kitty is a lap cat and if the male is too they'll be competing for laps! I have read that Maine Coons tend to prefer to hang out near their owners and are not usually lap cats, though... My female kitty (domestic shorthair) will just climb up on anyone's lap and start purring a kneading, even if it's a stranger. As soon as you sit down she'll be up on your lap!

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I have a male and a female and they get along wonderfully. Sadie will walk up to Stanley and rub against him, and in turn he'll nuzzle her and lick her. It's the cutest thing in the world to watch. It's like they are a little married couple ha ha!

Stanley is an attention hog. If you are standing around he'll meow at you to give him some attention. He's very much a lap cat and just loves having people around for company. He has a very good temperment and loves just about anyone that walks in the door.

Sadie on the other hand is very skittish and gets stressed out really easily. She seems to have good days where you can walk around her and she won't run, but then there are other times where she will run away as fast as she can to get away. If she wants pets though (which is rare) she will let you side beside her and pet her. I got her from my sister, who got her from the SPCA so who knows what has happened in her previous homes.

I personally haven't noticed a difference in how tidy they are. They are about the same that way.

I really don't think sex is a very big factor in how the cat's temperment will be. It's all in how it's brought up and their own personality.

tlea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank You for your comment,...lol,.or your view you just helped me a GREAT deal...since this is what "my gut feeling" was on this anyway,...since I now have a female,...adding a male would make the most sense,(I have a few in mind),..lol...as I have had a very bad experience many yrs ago,.where the mother & daughter could not be left alone at all,..the daughter used to really "beat up on" her mom,...if I didn't seperate them,...& keep it that way,...& it was very hard on all of us,..,....Stanley & Sadie are both adorable,...Sadie sounds alot like my Faith,...& Stanley sounds just like my male that I lost recently,.,..he was so lovable,...he was "huggable",...lol,..Have a great evening & weekend!!! TLEA