Male UTI Bacterial Rods Present

Sherrie55

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HI, My 3 year old Milo 8 days ago was straining to pee(It was the the holidays could have been much longer) I have a brother and sister I took him in, said no blockage, gave him a shot and had me get a urinalysis at home. Came back bacterial with lots of rods. On med for 2 weeks, well trying to give him this thick liquid is getting harder and I wonder if he is spitting it out, always doing werid things with his tongue and mouth afterwards. Well yesterday it seemed like he has not been on meds, back to the same old thing. Could this be stress since he is a high strung cat? What will they do for him? He is such a lover with me. Just so worried, have had cats for 30 years and only one uti and cleared up no issues. THanks.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stress is a common cause of UTI's and its difficult to find the cause of the stress. Have a look at non alcoholic Cornsilk and D-Mannose, the latter will flush the bacteria out of the bladder. As they are both natural products they wont interfere with any other medications.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sherrie55

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have him in for a recheck at 11 today. I wish there was a shot for of antibiotics. I have had to close all my doors because he is just hiding from one room to another. I would love to try all mentioned supplements, but the issue is getting it into him. Very fussy eater, smells everything! I am just so frustrated. Thanks for letting me vent.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could syringe them into him, its what I do and as water is added to both, the amount is about 1ml. Ask your get if he can have a slow release antibiotic injection. Let us know how the appointment goes.

Sherrie55

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They don't give slow release antibiotics. I am not crazy about this vet, it was an emergency situation, my vet office had a flood so they told me to get him to anyone I could. They gave him a shot of dexamethisone and a pill, prazosin hydrochloride and showed me how to give to him. I said, well he is being good for you because he is scared. Not so sure I will beable to do it. She said I could break open capsule and try to mix powder with small amount of water and syringe. They feel he just is having a flare up not that the baytril is not working. I told them it is a catch 22, stress can cause flareup and giving him meds causes stress....
Thanks for listening!!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Sherrie55

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good Morning, well I followed my gut after Milo would not come out and use his box most of the day and was hiding. I called the Emergency vet and come to find out he did have a blockage, but feel it was just starting that day. SO glad I brough him and and not assumed he was just stressed out. They are putting him on a script diet C/D He has no stones but were able to see crystals so changing up his meds. I pick him up tomorrow. Thank you for all your help.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good call taking Milo to the emergency vet, a blockage is serious, you are such a good cat mum. Lets hope the prescription food will sort it out, desolve the crystals and he will keep well. I bet you cant wait to have him home. Thanks for letting me know how he is.