Male or Female

florit0275

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I voted boy, as all 6 of my 7 cats have been boys, and all but 1 were VERY affectionate and chill. They just sit around and love attention.

However, with my recent introduction of my female... I am second guessing myself, as she is friendlier than all of my males.

Also, i recently purchased 2 pixie bob females for my friends tracy and lance and boy did i get attached to those gals! this Male cat person is second guessing!

kattengek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I voted for the boys
I only have 3 boys so i don't know how it is to have a girl

bindi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i like femails cuz thay dont spray but thaty do make lode sonds wen in hete. but thar is 1 thing i love about femail cats is that thay can have kittins?

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved boys for a couple of reason, one I've found them to be more affectionate and attached to me than females but that may just be the luck of the draw and have nothing to do with the sex of the cat.

The second is a bit more practical. Although I always get my cats fixed as soon as possible, I know there is always a chance of an accident happening and one of them getting out. And I know this a horrible attitude but with boys I don't have to worry about them coming home pregnant. However if either of them fathered a litter (before they were fixed) I would have been more than happy to help out financially and find them homes. I'm just a lot less likely to get attached if the kittens are in someone elses house. The second half of this reason is it is cheaper to get boys fixed around here at any rate, and I'd rather spend the money on some toys or treats or something for my kitties rather than medical expenses.

Now all that being said, if a sweet little girl finds her way to me, I would take her in a heart beat it just hasn't happened recently.

chichi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Females definately. They seem to have less behavior problems and are a lot smarter and as I noticed they don't smell as bad. They seem to know the difference between scratch post and my furniture, they aren't as vicious at scratching things so even if they do scratch furniture they don't tear it up to shreds. They know where the litter box is and know exactly how to use it. Less chance of an accident in unappropriate places. Male cats are friendlier when it comes to greeting strangers and while female cats are a bit more shy, when they bond to you they are very loving and affectionate.