Male Or Female?

zennstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone, this is my first post on a cat forum EVER and this picture may be different than the others on this thread so please excuse me if its in the wrong place.

There is a colony of semi-feral cats near me and the couple that feeds them will be gone for some time so I took two of them to live with me.

One I know for certain is a boy but the other is difficult to tell. If someone can identify if this is a boy or a girl that would be helpful so I know whether to start calling it Nia or Leo. She or he is approximately 8-10 weeks old. Thanks!

Attachments

SpadaLuca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m not 100% sure, but I believe it’s a gir. I watched a video recently in which a lady who fosters kittens and makes lots of YouTube videos about it explains how to tell the difference. She said that if there’s a circle under their butt, it’s a boy. If there’s a straight line, it’s a girl. And that looks like a straight line in your picture to me.

Adorable kitten in any case!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zennstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone! The pic in my avatar is Neo, the boy.
Introducing Lia!

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Those brownish grey tabby markings with white tummy are super cute! With a lot of love maybe they can become your kitties and not just be community cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zennstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would love that, but I'm temporarily in North Sumatra, Indonesia and have to leave by July 11. So in the meantime I'm going to be fattening these cats up. There's 17 of them, and I'll be rotating them. I'm sure they can survive on their own, but who wouldn't enjoy a vacation in my place. It's like a luxury hotel for them!

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thats very nice of you :) Im sure the cats will have a great vacation there! :dance: