male kitty humping too young?

haze

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Let me start my saying hello. I just joined this site a few days ago. I'm not even sure if I'm doing this right or if this question will actually go through because I'm very confused how this works. Anyway, here's my question......eBay age can you neuter a kitten? My kitten, Haze was born on February 21 which makes him 11 weeks old today. He starting humping my arm when he was less than 8 weeks old. I know that sounds very young as I didn't believe out myself. But when I realized what he was doing, I quickly turned him over and clearly seen his little thing exposed. I'm sorry for being so graphic, but I don't know what else to do. Everything I read states that they don't start this behavior until 6 months but as Early as 4 months. Well Haze was actually less than 2 months when he first tried. Anyway, it only happened a couple times and I would firmly tell him no. However, the last couple of days, He had been trying to get my arm more and more often. He also gets adhesive while trying and bites my hand harder than usual and doesn't let go. Please HELP....can I bring him to get neutered yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

haze

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Typo.....
Ebay=what
Adhhesive=aggressive

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Some kittens are just precocious little things. I don't think he's "too young" for this behavior, just younger than average. 

If he weighs at least 2 pounds you can get him neutered, if there's a vet near you who is experienced with kittens this young. Rescues commonly have kittens spayed and neutered as soon as they reach 2 pounds, which is usually around 2 months of age.

Meanwhile - if he bites you and won't let go, try slowly pushing your hand/arm towards him instead of pulling away. That will usually cause the cat to let go.

Last edited:

haze

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for responding so quickly. I am calling on Monday to make an appointment. He should be big enough. Haze is almost 3 months old now.
I will also take your advise on pushing my hands tho him instead of pulling away when he tries to bite. I'll let you know how that goes. Thanks again....

regnes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
8 weeks is too young, I would peg it down to dominance, he's probably just showing you who the boss is around here. Don't let him do this, it will probably lead to aggressive play in adulthood.

haze

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, that is what I thought. He really doesn't do it to my husband or son. Plus, he bites harder when he's trying to do that. Thanks for the advice......
Besides, I wouldn't worry because I NEVER let him. I stop him as soon as he starts, lol. Ewww, grouse .....

Last edited: