Male Kitten Being Suckled on By Litter Mates

samantha497059

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve had no experience raising kittens and I found 4 kittens in my laundry room 4 weeks ago they were newborns and now my littlest kitten he has a really bad inflamed penis from the others sucking on him and I don’t have money to take him to the vet! Is there a way to be able to get him checked out for free or something

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You must separate him from the others immediately, and put coconut oil on his penis. It’s non-toxic and will help it to heal. Apply often.

He can be with his littermates for short periods but only under supervision for now. His penis will heal quickly with the oil if not suckled, but may incur lasting damage if this continues.

Where is the mother cat? Kittens suckle each other when they do not nurse mom enough.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know where you are located but in the US, some Animal Control or Humane Societies have vets they use. A call to one of these agencies may get you some help. Rescue groups also may be able to help. If mother cat is not around, you may be able to find another mom cst that can act as mom to them as well. Contacting cat rescue groups might put you in touch with a foster or other person who can assist you. You can also do a Google search with your location and the words vet care financial assistance or some similar wording. There are groups that provide financial assistance for pets, abandoned and rescued animals. Please do keep us updated or ask any questions that come up.