Male Cat's Nipple Probs

Whimsyhe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I have a lovely handsome furbaby named Pickle, but today I found out something strange. His nipple was dry and off color, and when I touched it, flakes of skin started to deal off. Kinda looks like dandruff. As I got rid of the dead skin, I squeezed under his nipple to make sure there wasn't any pus. A clear liquid came out, but only a little bit. He didn't seem at all uncomfortable when I was touching it. Should I be worried? Shouldn't do something about this? I really can't take him to the vet right now. Money problems.

Thank you for your help!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Has your cat ever been to the vet to be fixed? Would it be possible that this kitty is actually female and is pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whimsyhe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am 110% sure Pickle is male. We got him four years ago and had him fixed as soon as he was old enough. He's an indoor cat. Trust me. Pickle is a guy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whimsyhe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here are some pictures if its helps at all. Sorry for the low quality.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Salmaadel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I beg ypu to please tell what was that..my cat has it now and i have no money to go to the vet was this a major thing ??

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Salmaadel Salmaadel this thread is six years old and the original poster has not been back... Sorry.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could call your vet and see if they will help you over the phone. Other than the discharge, which I think is drying and forming the 'scabs', the nipple is not swollen, looking infected, or sore looking. he may be licking it and irritated it. watch him. If it was my cat, I would observe it for a while. As long as the discharge does not turn cloudy, he does not develop a mass, or lump at the site, and the nipple stays the same, it should be fine. If any of those things happen, get him in. Even in males, a clear discharge can be the body's way of self-cleaning. You could write it down and bring it up at his next checkup. i really think as long as nothing changes, he will be fine.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I beg ypu to please tell what was that..my cat has it now and i have no money to go to the vet was this a major thing ??
As make cats age they can also get inverted nipples if they aren't cleaning themselves well.

What comes out will be like this: What is this? I just pulled this out of my cat almost like a pimple

but sometimes there's also a black scab on top making it look more like a blackhead.

my vet got the nipples out and then we did the maintenance below:

Nobel had 3 nipples that would do this. We started shaving his tummy once a month and wiping his tummy down once a week and it stopped them reforming.