Male Cat Pooping Only Clear Liquid

Madfan30

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone.

My 4 year old male tabby cat since today seems to only be pooping a clear liquid that smells not so good. It smells a bit like poop but not as bad. He ate this morning but threw up late afternoon. He is urinating well and still drinking water. He will not eat his dinner. Is he constipated or worse? He keeps going in his litter box but only that liquid comes out. Other than today i have never had an issue with him. I can not go to the vet till next pay day and i know he needs a doctor. So please do not judge me. Thank you for any help and advice.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. I don't think this isn't a wait and see what happens situation.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does sound like he needs to go in very soon. Might be any number of things, maybe an obstruction, or blockage?

I understand the money situation, but every vet i have used will work with you in an emergency like this. Take him in, and explain you need to make the payment on your next pay day. Set up a payment plan. I know this is not a fun thing to do, but it may save your cat. Best of luck to him, do keep us updated, we will worry. :crossfingers:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guess is it's a blockage of sorts. Sometimes the body will absorb more water into the colon to help pass whatever is not coming out. Unfortunately, if the only thing coming out is the liquid, he needs a vet. If he's throwing up and nothing is coming out something is stopping his bowel's normal function. Also, if he is impacted, he's at risk of an enlarged colon. The longer the stool stays in there and stretches everything, the greater the risk that it will become a chronic problem, which means more money and more vet visits in the long run.
I hope your vet will work with you on a payment plan, because he needs one asap.
Good luck with your kitty, I hope he recovers quickly.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try looking for a low cost vet clinic. Fees are reasonable and what you are charged may be at the discretion of the vet.

Borrow money from friends, family, relatives, etc if you need to and pay them back when you are able to.

Set money aside every paycheck or however often you can to use for future vet bills especially the unexpected ones. Cats get sick and need to be treated quickly.