Male Cat Has White Stuff On His Butt?

Becca_and_remmy77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. So this is my first time having a male cat. My boyfriend has one a couple months earlier and hasn’t come across this. I keep finding off white dries stuff on his butt. It’s not like near his anus or anything but it is on a back paw usually. And it’s dried in his fur. It comes right off if I try and get it out. Should I be concerned? Also has anyone else come across this? He’s a little over 6 months old and he’s neutered.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tapeworm segments, probably. Does it look like little bits of rice? If so, you can get OTC Tapeworm Tabs or call the vet to get some Drontal/Milbemax (depends what country you live in; Drontal is used in the US).

Oh, and tapeworms come from fleas so make sure he's treated for fleas too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Becca_and_remmy77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It doesn’t really it looks like he sat in paint or clay. It might be tho I’m not sure

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Tidy cats lightweight 4 in 1
Ugh, I hate that litter now. I used it for a long time until about 2 weeks ago. It gets everywhere (tracks) and stuck in my cats paws/fur and is annoying to get out/hurts them. I am guessing it is the culprit.

Becca_and_remmy77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you have any pictures?
No. He tracked it all over my bed on Saturday and then I just saw it in his fur today. There wasn’t any on his butt when I saw him Saturday. Today though I jst wanted to get it off the minute I saw it

Becca_and_remmy77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ugh, I hate that litter now. I used it for a long time until about 2 weeks ago. It gets everywhere (tracks) and stuck in my cats paws/fur and is annoying to get out/hurts them. I am guessing it is the culprit.
He didn’t have any problems until a couple days ago. He does track the lightweight out of his litter box though

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
He didn’t have any problems until a couple days ago. He does track the lightweight out of his litter box though
Is his fur getting long around his bum? Pretty sure Tidycats lightweight litter turns white when peed on so that would explain the ‘white stuff’.

Becca_and_remmy77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is his fur getting long around his bum? Pretty sure Tidycats lightweight litter turns white when peed on so that would explain the ‘white stuff’.
Yeah I thought that might be it. It’s like really in his fur though so he must really be screwing up the whole going to the litter box thing but he’s not a pro as is. I called his vet who didn’t know what is was so he has an appointment in a couple weeks. I guess I’ll try a new litter?

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah I thought that might be it. It’s like really in his fur though so he must really be screwing up the whole going to the litter box thing but he’s not a pro as is. I called his vet who didn’t know what is was so he has an appointment in a couple weeks. I guess I’ll try a new litter?
Can’t hurt to try. Tidycats has a non-lightweight one that you could look into.