Making the decision to surrender

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Harley and Honey are so cute :)

Thank you for rescuing all those kittens. I just read your thread and you did great work and am happy you are able to work with a rescue group, it will really help with adoptions.

That's how I became involved with a local rescue... Was handed a box of 4, 3 week old kittens at the Vets and needed help rehoming them.

Looking forward to updates on the babies, they are so sweet.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so glad you're keeping them. You guys went through so much together, especially after losing Hershey. I love happy endings :).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
as an even better update, these guys were networked and given to a (now-close) fellow foster who is getting them all fixed tomorrow! :D

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
That is WONDERFUL news! :clap:

Thank you for the update :)

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the foster will be keeping them until they recover, then trying to find homes for them. :) which is great cause i get updates and pics and everything while they're looking.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hopefully she can re-home Honey and Harley as a pair. That would be ideal since they have been together for so long. I'm sure they will miss you and you will miss them, but getting fixed is fantastic.

Do you have a recent picture of them you could post? I'm sure they were getting big. Who does this leave you with now?

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh i'm sorry lmao, the five striped cats i had are the ones getting fixed and rehomed! honey and harley are still with me but i'm getting them fixed in two weeks. :p 

i only have nine cats now! at the highest i had 27 over the summer and just 9 now. 3 of them are going to be rehomed as well through this rescue as soon as they can take them. that leaves me with 6, which i'm planning on keeping :)

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Bravo on your networking and fostering efforts! I am so glad that you are able to work out good solutions for your kitties. Sadly, there are simply not enough open hearts in this world to help all the kitties in need.  In my area, there are no feline rescue groups, only groups and networks for dogs.  It can be very discouraging, especially when a litter of mixed puppies will sell for $190 each, and sell out in hours while I can place only 1 of 11 kittens in 2 weeks of advertising. Fortunately, while I lost a horribly high amount of teen ferals in August to a family of owls, I was able to TNR all but 1 adult female at my main colony. And the colony at the supermarket is holding steady and a very kind retired couple has assumed daily feeding and making wonderful shelters - all I need is the time & money to TNR those kitties  The bad news is that there are now 6 young cats and 1 adult male in a restaurant area where in 2007 I had found a friend to help me TN & relocate 19 kitties to a horse ranch.

I have 5 kittens still to get fixed but they are only 3 months or so - not sure when they were born, as is often the case with ferals. Because of the predators, I keep all my young kitties (only 1 male kitten is allowed outside at all) inside at night.  It is such a relief to see threads such as yours so that I know that there are other cat lovers who are just as busy as I am! I celebrate your victories :)