Making my own drinking fountain?

minion

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 100gph(gallons per hour) fish filter currently on my 10 gallon fish tank. When I move I'm not sure if the tank will be coming with me and the fish inside it will be joining his/her big brothers in the 'big' tank. But I really hate to see that filter go to waste..So I came up with a bit of an idea...

How about using that filter to make my own pet fountain? The filter itself only cost me about 15 dollars and I could easily put it on a rubbermaid container or something. Seems like a good way to keep my pets' water fresh and not have to pay $50 or up for a fountain that could be for my dog and kitty(when I get him/her). Also the filter cartige is just filled with activated carbon, which I believe is what the cat fountains put in their filters..so it doesn't have anything unhealthy and harmful to my pets in it.

It's not that I'm cheap, I just like saving a bit of money, which could be used for something else..also, I'm only 17 so any money I can save up is a good thing for me!

Anyway, I'm just curious what you guys think and maybe give me some feedback(Ex:maybe use 'blahblah instead of rubbermaid)..anything you have to say or think about the idea maybe and ways I could improve it..THANKS!!

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let us know how it goes! I too have a couple filters that I was trying to figure out how to make my own cat fountain out of, lol.

Right now I am working on making my own version of Da Bird, now that I bought one and see how they work. I alreay have several of the part that pivots and makes the feahters flutter (they are actualy for fishing poles), I have the feathers too, lol! I need to find the plastic thing that they glue the feathers in....

Good luck!