Make a member feel good today thread: todays member HISSY !

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Caretaker of Stubborn Husbands and All Things Furry

Thank you for keeping the site going and being there for people in need of help. And no, I'm afraid you haven't scared us away even if you wanted to

Here's a pic of the two ferals you helped me with. They are a motley pair, aren't they?

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mary Anne was one of the very first people on here who spoke to me individually when I first started coming here. I joined this site on the day Thomas and Cooper were born (July 30, 2004) and had so many questions and was such a nervous "mom." I never birthed no kittens before!!

But through PM's and email.....she helped me get through those early days and was such a tremendous help!

So for all you have done....and all you continue to do.....Mary Anne....I thank you.....and Thomas and Cooper thank you too!

jaspers mummy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hissy so many people have said it so much better than I could
I think your great the time you take out to put in on this site is amazing and I think your great
Thank you
as for steping on peoples toes sometimes thats
a nessasary fact of life sometimes it takes a loud voice to get through to make someone do the right thing so if you have steped on anyones toes we all know you did it out of the love you have for the animals we all care for so much even if the person can not see it at the time

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks MA, for all you do for my Mom, Cheryl. Love ya meowy much, Angel xoxo
(P.S.: You can pray to me too, my Mom does and I answer all her prayers!
)

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

I have been told I am harsh with people, and in a way I guess I am. without really meaning to be. Because I am here for the love of cats and for their well-being. If I have to step on a few human feelings along the way in order to get a point across or to help a cat in pain or danger, that's what I do.
I've seen you get harsh, and sometimes pretty... um... hissy
But you are HONEST. Your honesty in some situations where others are afraid to speak their minds, is so needed. If YOU didn't speak up sometimes and say what needs said... well, I don't know who else would. The ones you've stepped on, who pop back up, and learn from what you say... I would assume they admire you. The ones who run away with their tail between their legs, well, they are missing out.

I admire your ability to speak your mind without worrying about what the person may think of you. You speak FOR the cats. Your voice is loud for them, because they can't speak english. There was even a time when your loud voice got my attention, and made me look at the whole picture, rather then just a small portion. Without you, some cats would NOT be heard.

I also want to say THANKOU from all the cat's who's lives you've touched from your computer chair.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah! I got "Say something nice about the catlover above you" here. This is great! Two paws up!

Mary Anne, she's thoughtful, loving, truthful, and an amazing admin here. Everyone knows it.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mary Anne, I think you've always been fair. Maybe we don't thank you enough for that. As always, I think this is the cleanest and most respectable community board to be invloved with ever, and you have a big hand in leading it to be that way.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Can i go hide under a rock now........please?
I can't find a rock so I will use a couch.

Truly all of you overwhelm me, and Kelly, showing me the pictures of your feral kitten before and after made me smile, and brought tears of joy into my heart.

I have been told I am harsh with people, and in a way I guess I am. without really meaning to be. Because I am here for the love of cats and for their well-being. If I have to step on a few human feelings along the way in order to get a point across or to help a cat in pain or danger, that's what I do.

It's nice to see that I haven't trampled over the tops of all of you.

Again I thank you for your warm words and kind sentiments.
I'm glad he brought you happiness...that's his specialty! I remember reading one of your posts saying (and I paraphrase) that once a feral trusts you, that it's one of the best feelings in the world. How right you were! I've fostered domesticated kittens, loved them, and let them go with tears in my eyes. But these kittens, and especially the one in the picture, well they're just...special. Having them, even for just a few weeks, is an experience that I'll never forget. The only way I could think to thank you is with visual evidence of the difference you are making in the lives of these special babies, and those of us who are lucky enough to have known them!

Also, I've never thought of you as harsh...more like you cut to the heart of the matter. Often that's what's called for.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys, and I injured my leg earlier today so I don't know if I will be able to sit at the computer much tomorrow, so I abdicate this honorable mention you gave me today. I thank all of you for your kind words and giving heart- and here is a link to the next person in line-

Thank you especially, to those who shared the photos of their feral cats that I had a hand in helping. That validates me most of all!

ccooccoocats

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks guys, and I injured my leg earlier today so I don't know if I will be able to sit at the computer much tomorrow, so I abdicate this honorable mention you gave me today. I thank all of you for your kind words and giving heart- and here is a link to the next person in line-

Thank you especially, to those who shared the photos of their feral cats that I had a hand in helping. That validates me most of all!

ccooccoocats
Before you go a'runnin off there lil Missy ... *grin*

I came into this thread WAY late, but just wanted to say my piece. If I was able to custom-order a friend, they would be just like you in every way. You are a jewel among rocks, you are, to me, the 8th Wonder of The World. Your advice, whether it is stern or humorous, is always RIGHT ON and I can honestly say that I do not know what I would do without your input and friendship. I know I would be a lesser person without it.

~gf~

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG!! You have NEVER, EVER been harsh with me!! I am sorry I got onto this thread so late. We had a bad ice storm and we had no electricity for the better part of the last 4-5 days! (UGH!!) But I do want to add, that when my little Spikey had to be put down, due to being so very ill, you made it feel a bit better, with making me realize (with some other wonderful posters) that I WAS doing the right and most humane thing, to help my little guy move on to the Rainbow Bridge, although he was only less than 2 years old. He was still so very desperately ill--and no Vet answers in sight..... You helped give me strength to do what I had to do, to help my poor little Spike, and for that (AND for all your words of wisdom...) I thank you, my online TSC friend!!!