Major Surgery Vibes needed

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad his surgery went well
and that there is no cancer. Riley was very sick recently and had to be syringe fed and did very well with it and started eating on his own in a few days. Hopefully Stomper will do the same.

Lots of vibes for your gorgeous guy and
for you! I know how hard it is when your baby is sick.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending more healing vibes Stomper's way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YEAH!!!!! My big guy is home.

I think he was as happy to see me as I was to see him. He started purring and kneading in his carrier right away.

He had a major turn around late last night and started chowing down and took a little tiny poop this morning. The Dr. called at 10 am this morning and said they re-ran his liver enzymes and they were good so she gave the all clear to come get him.

So I went up and back right away.

We should have the biopsy results back by Friday. He has his pain patch until wednesday and is on 2.5 mg Pepcid twice a day, cyproheptadine 2 times daily and Actigall. He doesn't have to have a cone head either!

He is on restricted activity for 3 weeks, which won't be a problem except he keeps wanting to get on the bed. I think I am going to put my mattress on the floor for the next months. He already got up and down once and I am sooo paranoid he is going to rip something inside.

I am surprised at how bright and happy he is, but then I can tell the Fentanyl is working, he has big black pupils.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww Im so glad your sweetie is home with you now. That sounds like a good idea about the mattress. Sending so many smooth recovery vibes for your boy and good biopsy results

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree, temporally putting your mattress on the floor would save a lot of worry and stress....

Anything for sweet Stomper.

Sending vibes good biopsy news and continued healing vibes.
Sweet Stomper vibes

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad he is home, and fingers crossed for the biopsy results

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You all are so awesome! I have to get some pictures up in fur pics. Stomper is doing really well ( knock on wood) I hate saying that because I swear I always jinx something.

I took off is Fentanyl patch today and he is still happy. He is eating, but not with his normal gusto yet. He does get excited at feeding time. It seems like though he gets a bit of a tummy ache about 1/2 hour after he eats. He lays down and starts breathing fast and purring really loud. I can hear his stomach and intestines grumbling. Then after about 10 minutes of this he calms down and rests.

His incision looks incrediable. He rolled over on his back today for a little belly rub. He also wanted to try and stand on his hind legs to ask for a hug.

Tomorrow I will post some photos in fur pics.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stomper is an amazing kitty with a strong desire to live.

I wonder if while his digestive system is healing, several small meals might be easier on him.

I can hardly wait to see photos of Stomper.

Your sweet boy is one very special kitty.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad Stomper is doing good. He'll do much better now that he's home. I can't wait to see the pictures either. He's a very handsome guy.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad he is doing well

it will probably take him a while to get back to his normal eating routine. You might try feeding him smaller meals more often?

Continued vibes for his recovery!

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. We are doing the small frequent meals. I am such a worry wart. I just want my voracious monster boy back.

Today he seems particularly off. Just wants attention and could care less about eating. Eats two bites then walks off. I am hoping it is because the patch came off yesterday, so he may be a little more painful.

He has managed to eat the right amount of food so far today. It just has taken him all day to do it.

Still no biopsy results...hopefully tomorrow.

On a lighter side pictures are up and he sure is loving have the mattress on the floor and the bedroom and me all to himself. Silly boy