Major runt so many questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

iamoph

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know it's stupid but this is so upsetting...i mean..REALLY upsetting.
I have put so much into trying to get this little guy to survive and He was doing really good! then to think that I probably Fed him wrong and gave him pneumonia..ughhh
I could also be like this due to utter exhaustion [emoji]128532[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is not stupid to feel upset when a kitten you have been caring for is faltering. It's sad. You did your best. That's all anyone can do.

Just hold him and comfort him.

kat16

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope your little guy makes it I know what its like to bottle and syringe feed a kitten and put your all in to it and it passes its not stupid its actually emotionally draining I hope he makes it for you to get him to a vet keep us posted!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There IS a click when he breathes. It started this evening. The vet opens at 730 and I'll be there waiting. I feed him with an eye dropper. He can usually suck on it and control the flow
Such a click is common when they begin to have pneumonia.  But we had also forumites where the click was apparently innocent, as the kittens continued to thrive without visible problems.   As I remember, the forumist didnt run to the vet to get antibiotics.   As antibiotics given early is the only which may save a pneumonia kitten.  Often they go downhill and pass away literally in hours.  There may be a number of reasons.  But them happening to get fluid into lungs is quite common...

Im deep sorry for your kitten.  If you clearly see the end is nearing, its just to comfort and wait.   Sing softly...Pray if you wish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iamoph

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He passed 323am

tsukiyomi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear the little one didn't make it may you meet again under happier circumstances at Bifrost.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
iamoph, we are all so very sorry for your loss.

You really did do your best and the little one is at rest.

We will lock this thread now, of respect, but please do start a memorial thread in our Crossing the Bridge forum if you feel that is right for you.
 ​
 ​

​
RIP little one

​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.