Major peeing issue

ladyola

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a senile 17 year old female and a 2 year old male.  One of them (I suspect the poor female) is occasionally peeing in one spot.  No big deal but it has run into the heat ducts and it is impossible to clean and remove the smell.  Is it true that if one cat pees in a spot, the other will follow suit based on the smell?  I try to watch them closely when I'm at home but can't be sure who is actually doing it.  I will have to have the ductwork cleaned and possibly replaced in that spot and in the meantime don't let anyone in the house.  Should I wait until the female goes to kitty heaven before having the work done or before?  My husband and I are at our wit's end!!

lizk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not sure if you can spray X-O cleaner and neutralizer into your heating ducts...but probably you have nothing to lose since cat already put liquid in ducts. Buy a gallon from Animal Revival..it's about 32.00, but worth every penny. Shake it up really well and spray or pour a few cups and try to reach areas. It's concentrated, but you can use it as is or add three parts water to one part solution. It's completely organic, made from fruit Enyzmes and other organic matters and breaks down smell immediately. Sometimes the animals PH level can be off and the Enyzmes don't work. My one cat is a problem animal for years and my other one has never peed outside of box. She has smelled areas, making me aware that smell has lingered and I can't smell. Good luck and get your cat some valerian root or calming herbs. This should take care of smell, but has to reach area. It will work on any surface and any fabric, I saved everything since buying the X-O.

caelesto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We never had a problem with the other cats peeing after the first one started going on the rug, but we did eventually give up in trying to stop an older cat peeing all over the house. She was very old and sick at that point, so we just kept cleaning it up. :/ Good luck, I hope you guys can find a solution. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladyola

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's interesting that your other cats didn't follow suit because we feared that our male would automatically do so.  Thanks!

ladyola

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Great advice with the X-O cleaner.  Will order right now.  The enzyme cleaner we're using right now is clearly not working and I've put quite a bit of it into the ductwork.  Thank you!

lizk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The X-O solved every problem I had immediately. I bought six gallons of it from Animal Revival, cheapest shipping cost. Toss clothes in laundry and add instead of detergent full strength, sometimes you need two washings. I have tried hundreds of dollars in Enyzmes and they work sometimes and won't cut through some fibers and textures. I finally stopped giving cat a bed, she has to sleep on floor or hard chair. She has caused me more work and heartache. She is spiteful and if annoyed, pees. The vet said she is high strung. Good luck, I know your problem will be solved with the X-O, I have my house back thanks to it. You can use it as your general cleaner, too.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

We have a senile 17 year old female and a 2 year old male.  One of them (I suspect the poor female) is occasionally peeing in one spot.  No big deal but it has run into the heat ducts and it is impossible to clean and remove the smell.  Is it true that if one cat pees in a spot, the other will follow suit based on the smell?  I try to watch them closely when I'm at home but can't be sure who is actually doing it.  I will have to have the ductwork cleaned and possibly replaced in that spot and in the meantime don't let anyone in the house.  Should I wait until the female goes to kitty heaven before having the work done or before?  My husband and I are at our wit's end!!
We have an 18 year old boy who doesn't always make it to the litter box so he sometimes pees on his little rug by his bed.  None of the other cats have followed suit.  They still use their litter box as always.

@LizK  I've never heard of X-O cleaner but I just checked it out on Amazon and it gets good reviews.  I usually use Nature's Miracle but am not wild about the scent.  I'm going to try the X-O.  Thanks for the tip.

ladyola

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just saw my male sniffing around the heat duct.  Does this mean he has/will pee there or is he just curious?