majesticnorwegianforestcats.com

Sljsandy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am about to put a deposit down for a kitten from a Breeder / Cattery in Atlanta Ga. Does anyone have knowledge of this Cattery?
I checked TICA etc.... nothing. I would appreciate any advice and or insight
Thank you so much

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks 100% like a scam site.
First, no purebred cat of any type is only $500. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
Also found the same photos on other fishy websites.
No info about parents. No info about pedigrees.
Does not even say what color the kittens are.
Very weird wording used - sounds like a translation engine was used.
No affiliations with TICA or CFA.
Do NOT buy from them.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ran a website san:

Negative highlights

The website's owner is hiding his identity on WHOIS using a paid service

This website does not have many visitors

We found many low rated websites on the same server

Several spammers and scammers use the same registrar

This website has only been registered recently.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sljsandy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That looks 100% like a scam site.
First, no purebred cat of any type is only $500. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
Also found the same photos on other fishy websites.
No info about parents. No info about pedigrees.
Does not even say what color the kittens are.
Very weird wording used - sounds like a translation engine was used.
No affiliations with TICA or CFA.
Do NOT buy from them.
Sivyaleah,
You are my Guardian Angel. I signed the Agreement but didn't send deposit yet.
I requested current photos... No response, yet. I can't thank you enough. I think my love of that sweet face clouded my judgement. Again, you are amazing and I appreciate you more than words.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sivyaleah,
You are my Guardian Angel. I signed the Agreement but didn't send deposit yet.
I requested current photos... No response, yet. I can't thank you enough. I think my love of that sweet face clouded my judgement. Again, you are amazing and I appreciate you more than words.
Really happy to hear you didn't send money yet. I'd think you'll be bombarded by the "breeder" trying to entice you into buying. Block them.

Scam sites for all breeds are rampant.

Do you have a Facebook account? If you do, I suggest you join one of the NFC groups - make sure it's for purebreed NFC's. Most of those types of groups have knowledgeable owners and breeders in the group and you can find lots of good info there, probably even some legit breeders to look up.

Go to local cat shows also. Great way to get up close with the cats and breeders.

Don't be so desperate to want the cat that you let common sense get clouded. Pedigree cats of all types start at least at $1200 and go up from there. More commonly I'm seeing $1500-$2500 on average.

I have a purebred Maine Coon. Luckily I already knew how to recognize scams and also already knew a good breeder from meeting them at a cat show. But I've educated myself regardless so I can help others avoid being scammed.

Sljsandy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is the address they told me I could pick the kitten up at Luis Ajimsimbong home. 7070 Cavender Drive SW. Atlanta Ga. If anyone lives near that address, I'd pay to have them check it out 🙏

Sljsandy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Really happy to hear you didn't send money yet. I'd think you'll be bombarded by the "breeder" trying to entice you into buying. Block them.

Do you have a Facebook account? If you do, I suggest you join one of the NFC groups - make sure it's for purebreed NFC's. Most of those types of groups have knowledgeable owners and breeders in the group and you can find lots of good info there, probably even some legit breeders to look up.

Go to local cat shows also. Great way to get up close with the cats and breeders.

Don't be so desperate to want the cat that you let common sense get clouded. Pedigree cats of all types start at least at $1200 and go up from there. More commonly I'm seeing $1500-$2500 on average.

I have a purebred Maine Coon. Luckily I already knew how to recognize scams and also already knew a good breeder from meeting them at a cat show. But I've educated myself regardless so I can help others avoid being scammed.

Thank you again. I am looking for a Norwegian male (orange/ginger). I'll keep searching 🙏❣

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is the address they told me I could pick the kitten up at Luis Ajimsimbong home. 7070 Cavender Drive SW. Atlanta Ga. If anyone lives near that address, I'd pay to have them check it out 🙏
I looked up the address. There is nobody with that name in Atlanta. Most likely they just grabbed a random address to use. The current owners last names are Brown and/or Shannon. I'm a sleuth lol.

Sljsandy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I looked up the address. There is nobody with that name in Atlanta. Most likely they just grabbed a random address to use. The current owners last names are Brown and/or Shannon. I'm a sleuth lol.
ROFL... I'm often called Nancy Drew in the medical field... Haha. You have me best 🤣❣🙏

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I was just coming to say the same things sivyaleah sivyaleah said. :running:from this "breeder".

Are you looking for a breeder in a specific part of the country? I have a good friend who is IMO one of the best NFC breeders in CFA, if not the best. If you like, I can ask him for recommendations, and send you the information in a PM.

Sljsandy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was just coming to say the same things sivyaleah sivyaleah said. :running:from this "breeder".

Are you looking for a breeder in a specific part of the country? I have a good friend who is IMO one of the best NFC breeders in CFA, if not the best. If you like, I can ask him for recommendations, and send you the information in a PM.
Thank you so much. I can't imagine anyone toying with people's hearts. I'd love a good NFC breeder. I'm looking for orange or peach color male ❣🙏😻

Sljsandy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much. I can't imagine anyone toying with people's hearts. I'd love a good NFC breeder. I'm looking for orange or peach color male ❣🙏😻
Any part of the Country is fine. I'll travel to pick him up ❣

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another suggestion is check out rescues - you are unlikely to get a pedigree kitten (of any breed) there but it is possible
Unfortunately, rescues and shelters use breed names to move cats out. It leads to misunderstanding what the breed actually looks like. It is near impossible to ever find any purebred cat this way. It can happen (I nearly adopted a Ragdoll with papers included) but most people will contact the breeder first, or family before handing over to a random place for rehoming.

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have known siameses to be in rescue with their papers

I've also known a ragdoll boy to be in rescue, he was still a kitten, the reason he went into rescue was a child in the family was severely allergic to him (as in - ending up in hospital type of allergic)

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Would you consider a half-norwegian forest cat? This means one parent was a norwegian forest cat, the other cat was a different breed? Sometimes cats like that end up in rescue.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Would you consider a half-norwegian forest cat? This means one parent was a norwegian forest cat, the other cat was a different breed? Sometimes cats like that end up in rescue.
That's a domestic cat. Let alone even more unlikely.
At that point the OP (or anyone) should just find a long hair cat in the shelter that strikes their fancy.

Breeders care a lot about their breeding cats and pay a lot for them, since they have to purchase breeding rights and pay for health testing, they make sure that they don’t get out and get diseases from strays or get pregnant. There just aren’t a bunch of any breed types running around in the neighborhoods. And kitten buyers get them already altered or are required by contract to do so by a specific age.

Only 2-4% of all cats belong to a cat breed. That’s over 70 cat breeds, so you can imagine how few are out there. Purebred cats are in the hands of breeders or owners, not out on the streets. All other cats that don’t belong to a breed are called domestic cats. These cats are not mixes of other cat breeds. This is the way it works with dogs, but not with cats. They are randomly bred cats without any breed background.

Even pet buyers pay a few thousand $$ for a kitten, so they make sure to keep them safe. Contracts usually say that they have to be inside cats. Buyers are also required by contract to give the cat back to the breeder, not a shelter, if they can’t keep them anymore. Most breeders microchip kittens before they leave the cattery and stay on the microchip as a second contact. They would get informed if the first contact doesn’t answer, so they can arrange for the cat to be picked up. All this means that it’s extremely unlikely to find a real purebreed cat at a rescue.

The reason why you see domestic cats having some similarities to purebreds is that they are the same species are a pedigree cat. Only cats with a documented ancestry can be considered the breed. Even if just one parent isn’t a purebreed, the kittens are not considered purebreed and can’t get registered.

After a couple generations of breeding to strays you would not see much of the breed anymore. After 3 generations, which can happen within just a couple of years, you would only have 12.5% of the breed remaining. These cats would not look like the breed anymore. Real Norwegian Forest cats (or any breed) you see all have a long pedigree, going back to foundation cats of the breed. The only way to make sure that you are really getting a NFC is registration paperwork. This is the same for other cat breeds as well.

Every domestic cat will look similar to one breed or another, because the breeds were developed from domestic cats.

DNA testing does not work for cat breed identification. The tests usually even have a disclaimer about it. They don’t work, because cats have only been bred on purpose since a couple hundred years, most cat breeds are less than 50-100 years old, unlike dogs. They are genetically too similar to each other for testing to work. The tests can only tell you that your cat has some similar genes that are found in pedigreed cats. This is not because your cat is actually a mix of different breeds, it is because cat breeds were developed from domestic cats.