Maine Coon or domestic long hair?

Sabrinadanee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just adopted a kitten, she came from a litter with 9 other siblings (none od who look the same ex: tuxedo, short hair)
I was wondering if anyone knew I’d she looked more like a domestic long/ medium hair or more Maine Coon?

Attachments

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
DLH. She doesn't have the facial features of a Maine Coon.

She's a cutie. What is her name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sabrinadanee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
DLH. She doesn't have the facial features of a Maine Coon.

She's a cutie. What is her name?
Thank you! She has big ears so that’s why I thought. Her name is either Zula “Zuzu” for short or Jade we just got her today we trying to decide!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you! She has big ears so that’s why I thought. Her name is either Zula “Zuzu” for short or Jade we just got her today we trying to decide!
If you are undecided name as yet, so perhaps some ukrainian as its very contemporary now.

So, for example, Amelia (after the little singer from the shelter). Or Olga, after Olga Semidyanova, martyr; combat medic and mother of 12...
or Sonja, the little dog keeping company in the Azovstal katakombs. Or Katerine, soldier and singer, in the same Azovstal..
Or even Elena, after Elena Osipova, a senior citizen from Leningrad, whom bravely did protested against the invasion of Ukraine...

There are surely more ideas.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A very pretty kitten. Longhair is a recessive gene, so its why most siblings are shorthairs, just this one is a longhair. Both parents carry the gene, but its statistically just 1/4 of the kittens whom become longhairs. The statistics arent ironclad, as you see. 1 of 10 in this litter. :)

It COULD of course be several fathers; not that common but fully possible and happens.

The visible littermate with this very grayish posture is probably a ticked tabby; ie tabby visible on face and legs, but not on the backside and sides...
Yours seems to be the much more usual mackerel tabby.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just adopted a kitten, she came from a litter with 9 other siblings (none od who look the same ex: tuxedo, short hair)
I was wondering if anyone knew I’d she looked more like a domestic long/ medium hair or more Maine Coon?
She is a beauty😻 she is a dlh brown tabby possibly mackerel pattern with possible forest cat ancestry 😀 Good luck with the names 🐾