Maine Coon/Norwegian Forest??

catwomando

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been told my cat is definitely a Norwegian Forest, but others have told me is is definitely Maine Coon which I am not sure about. He's large but not super huge, and quite muscular. He was found abandoned in a very wealthy neighborhood so I'm wondering if he could be a pure breed?

I've looked up black Norwegian Forests online and some photos look almost identical. But maybe someone out there knows about about the breeds and can tell me if he is a pure breed, mix, or just a long hair type.

His personality is very curious, smart, a bit needy, purrs a lot, not snuggly but loves to be pet. He also learned to play fetch on his own, loves to eat, his favorite snacks are lettuce and cooked broccoli. He has no fear towards other animals and is friendly to any guest that comes by.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catwomando

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also he is a bit overweight at 19 pounds.. But thus mostly because spent 2/3 years with my father who did free-feeding a lot of cheap dry food. Hes on a really great diet now :)

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can you make me a profile picture? It's the side of his head, so we can see how the mouth flows to the neck and how the nose flows into the forehead. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Another candidate for a possible candidate breed  could even be a black Turkish Angora.   They are nowadays allowed to be in many colors, not just their renown white.   And I have seen pics on Turkish Angoras which were almost Maine Coon look alikes...

But if we get these profile pics BiancaVD asked for, we will get a better analysis.  Bianca is good at this.   :)

Ps.  Black cats arent easy to photograph well.

There are two ways.    Make sure you take the light reading and sharpness  straight on the cat.  Most cameras  measure in the middle of what you see.  So have the cat in the middle.

Sometimes you can move the pointing focus after taking the measure, holding the trigger down.

The other way, is, most cameras and good quality mobile, have the possibility to force more light into the camera.  Its usually called for EV, and in steps of 1/3.   Take a full step or even two.

3/3 or even 6/3.

And voila, you get excellent photos of black cats.   :)

@Catwomando