Maine Coon Brothers

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi again! These are two of my boys, Finlay Reid and Duncan Redley. They turned two at the end of May and we have had them since they were about six weeks old. We were told their father is a grey tabby printed maine coon and their mother a calico printed domestic longhair. I was just curious if you guys think they look maine coon at all!
I'll give you guys some personality details on both of them.

Finlay:
-He does not make any chirping or trilling sounds, just a low-pitched "manly" sounding ~mauuu.
-He is VERY active. He is our only male cat who did not get a little pudgy after being neutered. He does acrobatic flips when we play with him and he jumps HIGH.
-He begs for the water tap to be turned on, but isn't super pesty about it. He also seems a little cautious of it at times, but only if it is coming out too quickly.
-If I am angry or upset and I'm yelling or crying, he comes up to me with his tail up, doing his little "mau"s. (Sounds like mow, but not like mowing the lawn.)
-He is an excellent climber. I have never seen a cat climb as well as him.
-He is very docile. He lets me hold him and cuddle him and doesn't get angry at all.
-He is a very curious cat. He is constantly looking for things to get into.
-He knows his name very well and knows what it means if I say the N-O word directly following his name.
-He is naturally harness/leash trained. We didn't have to do anything except put it on him and he walked. He is the only cat we have ever had who wore the harness comfortably and didn't act like it was holding him down.
-He has very fat paws. They are absolutely adorable.
-He doesn't have a HUGE mane, but it is definitely there.
-He has a very thick tail and very thick legs.
-The fur on his back and shoulders is shorter than his underneath fur.

----------------
Duncan:
-He makes the sweetest little trills and chirps ever! His meow is very high-pitched and he loves to talk.
-He isn't nearly as active as Finlay, thus the weight difference. Duncan is about 14 pounds whereas Finlay is barely 11.
-Though not as active, he loves to be perched up high on the cat trees we have.
-He begs for the water tap to be turned on CONSTANTLY. He loves water. He dips his paws in it, lets it run down his face, everything. He really just doesn't care.
-Duncan is docile like Finlay, but not in the same way. You can hold Duncan, but he does struggle just a little. Once you hold him close, though, he sort of just freezes and lets you hold him.
-He loves going outside. The reason why? Grass. He loves to lay out in the grass and eat it and eat it and eat it. That's it.
-His paws are also fat, but not as fat as Finlay's.
-He is the lion king. He has a very nice mane, but only in the colder months.
-He has a longish tail, longer than Finlay's, but not as thick.
-The fur on his back and shoulders is shorter than his underneath fur.

-----------
And here they are together.
Finlay on the left, Duncan on the right, except on the last three:

These are all the photos I have of them right now as I cleared the photos off of my phone recently. If need be, I can get some more screenshots from my Instagram. Thank you guys for any comments ahead of time! [emoji]128516[/emoji]

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He looks like a Maine Coon to me.

I second maine Coon. They have the longish face of one. Very cute!
Thank you both! I assume the person who gave them both to us wasn't lying about their father being a Maine Coon, but you never know. They definitely both resemble a Maine Coon in different ways. If we could combine them, we would have a full-blown Coon, ahah [emoji]128523[/emoji] Whenever I get the chance I'll have to show you some baby pictures.. Finlay was especially cute as a kitten.