TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I rescued this sweet 12 week old kitten the previous owner was moving
Meet... Chedder
we are most likely are keeping him

Wondering if he is full or part Maincoon
He is long haired he has long tuffs on the end of his ears the vet said he was a maincoon

Attachments

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep you have a Maine Coon. I would think if he was from a breeder the previous owner would have given the rescue the papers. Without papers it's impossible to know for sure if it's full blooded. If I had to guess I would say it is. Only way to know for sure is a DNA test!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree! It looks like Chedder (adorable name, BTW) is a little Maine Coon, but you can always have a DNA test done on him if you want to be sure. He looks so cute with his little bow!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addeline

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you

I live in Michigan

When I rescued Chedder my cousin wanted him now he does not want Chedder so I am keeping him even tho I have way too many pets

So he is a family cat

Last edited:

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you

I live in Michigan

When I rescued Chedder my cousin wanted him now he does not want Chedder so I am keeping him even tho I have way too many pets

So he is a family cat
Well now I wouldn't want you to get over crowded over there! You sure you don't want me to take him off your hands!? My Manny said he needs a little buddy! How can you resist a face like that! IMG_4793.JPG

addeline

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww he is sooo adorable

If my cousin officially says no we really do have too many pets but we are very much attached to Cheddar love the little man we can afford him to get him fixed he has already been to the vet

Say you live in NC you must really want him to drive that many hours for a little kitten

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww he is sooo adorable

If my cousin officially says no we really do have too many pets but we are very much attached to Cheddar love the little man we can afford him to get him fixed he has already been to the vet

Say you live in NC you must really want him to drive that many hours for a little kitten
Where are you located at? I am actually looking for another cat and I was planning on going to a breeder for a Maine Coon. I can see why you would be attached to him already.

addeline

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Michigan

Last edited:

addeline

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well it is official we are keeping Chedder we really shouldn't but can't help it super attached

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awwww well, I'll unpack my bags then! ( kicks dirt ) Clearly we've avoided an International incident with mightyboosh mightyboosh breaking out the big guns and probably kept me from getting a speeding ticket racing to beat neely neely to the pick up but if you hear the sound of tank tracks squeaking in the distance or rustling in the woods you may want to hide Chedder away until the coast is clear!:lol: Manny is clearly upset! IMG_4637.JPG Seriously though! I don't blame you. He already looks settled in and full of personality. I think you would regret letting him go. Please do post pics as he grows. Looks like he's gonna be a big boy!