Magnetic Poetry

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds like a great idea - yes, let us know how you'll get along and perhaps share a snippet when you're done if you wish! When I had a severe episode of depression I began to write a novel which I am still in the middle of even though my depression has improved since I first started. Writing is a really good way of coping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People have told me I have a knack for writing. I don't know how true that is, but it has been years since I wrote anything creative. I've had ideas, but no clue how to begin, so maybe this will help break my writer's block.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Love magentic poetry:D There's a custom set at work that someone got at a conference and the magnets have industry-specific words. It's fun to rearrange the magnets to reflect what we do:)

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like fun! I write haikus all the time. I have a buddy in another state,and we challenge each other to write haikus with restrictions. Since we are 50 year old guys,I don't think it's appropriate to discuss that further here,as much of it is stupid,dirty guy stuff.(making myself laugh). But here is a kitty haiku.

Jack was my mom's cat.
The greatest inheritance
I ever received.

And we often write entire stories using haiku verses. So each haiku tells a part of the story.

Oh no. I may have just posted too much information! You guys are gonna think I'm not as cool as I think I am! Undo! Undo! Undo!!!!

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like fun! I write haikus all the time. I have a buddy in another state,and we challenge each other to write haikus with restrictions. Since we are 50 year old guys,I don't think it's appropriate to discuss that further here,as much of it is stupid,dirty guy stuff.(making myself laugh). But here is a kitty haiku.

Jack was my mom's cat.
The greatest inheritance
I ever received.

And we often write entire stories using haiku verses. So each haiku tells a part of the story.

Oh no. I may have just posted too much information! You guys are gonna think I'm not as cool as I think I am! Undo! Undo! Undo!!!!
Nope in fact makes you seem just that much more cooler. :rockout:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to start doing magnetic poetry. I think it might help with my depression, and it'll be fun to see what I can come up with. I'll write one poem each day :agree:
Katie M Katie M , I have not heard about magnetic poetry until your post and I find it very interesting. When you get the sets, are there suggestions to follow or do you create your own formats? I do indeed agree that this could help ease depression. When I am going through a depression, I have noticed that certain puzzles like sudoku or reading can be soothing to me. Are the sets different themes? I will have to look for these. Thank you for posting about it.

I really like these!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie M Katie M , I have not heard about magnetic poetry until your post and I find it very interesting. When you get the sets, are there suggestions to follow or do you create your own formats? I do indeed agree that this could help ease depression. When I am going through a depression, I have noticed that certain puzzles like sudoku or reading can be soothing to me. Are the sets different themes? I will have to look for these. Thank you for posting about it.

I really like these!
You can get as creative as you want! It does help to have several different sets, though. There are a lot of different themes, even one for cats ;)