Magic TCS Vibes please? Pretty Please?

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In addition to vibes for getting the job, I also wish you to get honest nice co-workers who work hard and believe in fairness

oh and fair management too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well guys... thanks for all the vibes from the bottom of my heart, but I didn't get it...
I feel hopeless... like this is the end of my rope. I have applied to soooo many jobs. After over 10 years as an exec., being unemployed this long is a slap on your face - it crushes you... I really don't know what to do anymore. I am so scared. I feel I will never get another job again.... I am afraid my unemployment will run out and I will end up in a horrible mess. I am afraid of waking up tomorrow... I don't want to...
Thank you again, guys

Anyways, here is the response I got from the recruiter after I sent a follow up email:

"Carolina,

After receiving your email this morning I had not received feedback from the team regarding your interview. I was able to speak with "J." and the rest of the team, and currently they are going to pursue other candidates for this position.

They had no negative feedback to relay from your interview, and stated that your interview went well, and they would recommend you for other positions within "the Company".

I will keep your information on file here for any other positions that may become available that would be a good fit for you, also I would encourage you to apply for any positions you see online, as this will forward your resume directly to the recruiter responsible for the position.

Thanks again for your time meeting with the team here."

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Good morning my friend!...

Today is another nice day, as well is coming!...

don´t give up!...
Think Positive!...
...Must to make a double effort!...
for you and for your Fur-kiddos!...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carolina, I know how you feel. And Dottie had her hopes up about a job earlier this week, and had them crushed, too. She is very discouraged.

I have always said that the hardest work most of us ever do is finding a new job.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry that they got your hopes up like that!! I know it's very discouraging believe me... There are many of us in that jobless boat right now.

I think that the fact that you were even interviewed is a feat to be aplauded when so many others are passed up for an attempt to shine! This is a step to bigger and better things.

It will come, it always does eventually.
Just keep telling yourself that, and when you finally do get hired at that perfect job you will look back and know that you can make it through anything.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been thinking about you, and very sorry you didn't get the job. Have you considered reapplying for the job you were originally supposed to interview for? They did say they would recommend you for other positions in the company, and that one was open too, right?

Here's hoping you get something too - the right job for you is just around the corner, I know it!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry you didn't get the job

It is kind of ridiculous how picky and choosy employers are in these economic times, it is like they want someone they can pay very little but still get a lot from..It is unfair ...
But, there will be other opportunities, sometimes bad things happen for a good reason- there may be something even better waiting around the corner and you just don't know it yet

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
But ask yourself...have you been thinking about buying a new house or car? Because you can get it for less than it would have cost you a couple of years ago? Take advantage of the down market?

Why should an employer be any different? After all, for them, an employee is an expense, and if you can save money on an expense because of the market, why not?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carolina, I'm really sorry (and surprised, quite frankly) to hear the news.

We KNOW how difficult it is to struggle... but hang in there. Three thoughts for you:

Tomorrow's worry pulls the clouds over today's sun;
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy (Martin Luther King); and
...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

I believe that everything happens for a reason, and it has kept me going through the most difficult of times.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry the job didn't pan out, Carolina. Don't let that stop you from applying for other positions with the company, though.

Things have to look up soon.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carolina, I'm sorry - This is not what I expected

Originally Posted by ut0pia

It is kind of ridiculous how picky and choosy employers are in these economic times, it is like they want someone they can pay very little but still get a lot from..
Originally Posted by mrblanche

But ask yourself...have you been thinking about buying a new house or car? Because you can get it for less than it would have cost you a couple of years ago? Take advantage of the down market?

Why should an employer be any different? After all, for them, an employee is an expense, and if you can save money on an expense because of the market, why not?
Mr. Blanche, yes, to a point. But companies who go so far as to scrape the bottom of the barrel usually (not saying this is the case here) have an office culture you dread walking into every morning, with bad bad apples, high turnover, daily petty drama, employee abuse, etc.

Do companies even hire this close to Dec. 31st?
I've never worked in H.R. so I have no clue

Originally Posted by jcat

I'm very sorry the job didn't pan out, Carolina. Don't let that stop you from applying for other positions with the company, though.
Companies today can be very calculating and they have today's technology to do so. Maybe they want to analyze what positions she applies to and say "Ah, okay, she's willing to do xyz for $(insert salary) per year" etc. etc.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm sorry this fell through. Hopefully, something great comes along soon