Magazine Subscriptions?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Anyone know if Walmart typically carries Cooks Illustrated? Or what store I can find it on the rack at? My Mom's birthday is in a few weeks and you guys gave me the idea for a fantastic present for her!
Do you have a Barnes and Nobles or some such nearby? They have a lot of specialty magazines that you won't see at Wal-Mart or other such places.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't really spend too much time with reading them, but I scan through them. I get Living and Bon Appetit and somtimes will pick up Oprah
and of course Cat Fancy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Do you have a Barnes and Nobles or some such nearby? They have a lot of specialty magazines that you won't see at Wal-Mart or other such places.
Unfortunately no B&N or good stores like that here.
We do have one discount warehouse type bookstore I was going to look at; but Walmart ended up having it! Not having stores like that is one of my gripes about where I live. We are in a well populated area; yet have nearly no good big retailers for shops like books or household stuff (like Ikea, Bed, Bath & Beyond, etc). We do have repeats of big chain restaurants though...my other gripe!

Now to check out who has the best deal on a subscription! I do think she will like this one from what i saw scanning through it at walmart! Picked up one copy for her and a "best of 2010" one they had out too. So glad I started this thread! Nice to find her a gift she will REALLY enjoy!