Madi is acting different.

saradru10

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So the story is, we had 2 cats and had a kitten lined up to get when we got back from the beach. Well before we went to the beach we took the cats in for their shots and everything. One of them had swollen lymph nodes and they wanted to do blood work. So we scheduled that for when we got back also. A day before we get home she passed away. The lymphoma was more progressed than we thought. Well Madi( her sister) was more clingy Which we loved her and hugged her, comforted her. She was acting fine besides that. We bring the kitten home, keep them separated and get the kittens scent to her and vice versa. When we finally introduced the two Madi would just watch him. If the kitten got close she would hiss. They started to co-exist. But the past few days Madi, has been sleeping places she normal wouldn't go, not coming around as much and just not act right. Not purring when I pet her, we are still showing her love, and not more to the new kitten. I don't know what's wrong with her or what to do. :( any advice?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Madi is most likely grieving; and her world has changed again with hew new siblings.  It's not a bad idea to speak to your vet about it; but love, time and patience are probably needed as well.  If your vet thinks it is stress related behavior; some feliway diffusers may be helpful to her.