Maddie, the Forever Pregnant Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

king michelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks :). They're all very sweet. They're starting to eat some wet food and a couple of them even like to try the dry food. A question though... Does mom mainly take charge of litter training them? I've put out a shallow box with non clumping litter but they don't seem interested and seem to be using a corner instead. I just now placed some of their poo in the box and moved the box to their desired corner. Any suggestions? They'll be 6 weeks old this coming Friday (12-18).

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can put them in there before and after eating wet food and if you see them squatting.  Putting the poo in the box is very good.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's good you moved the box. You'll need to litter train them yourself by putting them in the box before and after every meal. You can take a little paw and show them how to "dig". They should catch on quickly between now and 8 weeks and become pros!

king michelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They're great, thanks :). It looks like we've found good homes for three kittens so far. They'll be ready to leave in a couple weeks! They're growing like weeds, eating both wet and dry food and using the litter boxes like champs. Thanks for all your help, it has been greatly appreciated!

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're great, thanks :). It looks like we've found good homes for three kittens so far. They'll be ready to leave in a couple weeks! They're growing like weeds, eating both wet and dry food and using the litter boxes like champs. Thanks for all your help, it has been greatly appreciated!
Fantastic!

king michelle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maddie is great, thanks! All kittens have found loving homes including one staying here :). Maddie was spayed last week and is recovering well. We've named the kitten we kept Little Red. He had a matching sibling and we marked him with some red food coloring under his armpit. He was ou tiny little guy too...hence the name, it kinda stuck. I'm really glad she showed up on our door. Rehoming the kittens was hard, but they went to great loving homes and now we have two sweet, loving additions. They're honestly two of the friendliest cats I've met.[

IMG]http://www.thecatsite.com/content/type/61/id/325705/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: