Mad Maine Coon

nomghost

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I seem to have a problem with my mother's cat. We've had him for about five years now, but the problem is relatively new. I went to the hospital in October of '12 and right before that he started attacking me.

The attacks seem unprovoked. I'll walk by him and he'll run after me, growling and hissing. I get so scared, as he is a large Maine Coon. I feel so embarrassed, as I often have to text my mother to quickly come get him. He does not lash out at her like he does with me, but he will occasionally bite or hiss.

I've tried everything I could think of that might remedy the situation, but now I have to constantly walk around with a comforter around my waist as a cat shield. We have two other cats, but they don't attack or even hiss at us.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you probably need to re establish/establish your bond with him. I would try to set aside some play time with him with maybe a fishing pole type toy to keep your distance and be around for feeding time and actually feed him. I would venture a guess your mom does all this now for him?

buckwheat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, I have two maine coon kittens, and they are not aggressive at all, but they do play rough at times with each other, and I put a stop to it right away with a water spray bottle. Its not so much the spray bottle, because they bathe.