Mackerel and I lost our fight yesterday morning.

cosabella

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was just reading your post in the Collars thread when I saw your signature and the date of Mackerel's death. I was stunned.

I'm sorry to hear of Mackerel's passing.
There's never enough time with them.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohmy goodness, I just felt like crying when I read the title. I am so, so sorry hun, you did the very best for Mackerel and you were so lucky to have each other. R.I.P beautiful girl.xx

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry - she was a beautiful girl and you both fought so well. She's healthy now, and watching over her mom.

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never been so saddened by the loss of someone else's pet, someone I don't actually know, and a cat I've never met. Somehow, the story of you and Mackerel affected me in a deep way.

I have cried more than a few tears over Mackerel, and for you, the last couple of days.

She will always live in your heart. She will always be with you as you are bound by love.

Thank you for sharing her with us, though it was too brief.

Robin

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My deepest sympathy to you... Your Mackerel was a little trooper and you both put up a good fight together. I am just so sad you lost her way too soon. Your love for Mackerel will never die or be taken away from you and she is playing, pain-free, at the bridge now and loves you too forever. Our beloved pets are in our hearts, forever, and a part of us have gone with them to the bridge. I am just so sorry RIP
Mackerel

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bastetservant

I've never been so saddened by the loss of someone else's pet, someone I don't actually know, and a cat I've never met. Somehow, the story of you and Mackerel affected me in a deep way.

I have cried more than a few tears over Mackerel, and for you, the last couple of days.

She will always live in your heart. She will always be with you as you are bound by love.

Thank you for sharing her with us, though it was too brief.

Robin
Exactly.

I just wish you didn't live half a world away, because I really want to give you a hug. Lots of them.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think about you and Mackerel every day. I can't think about you and your dear little Bridge Angel without weeping, so I've been doing a lot of that.

Mackerel
You are so loved sweet girl.

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been away for a couple of weeks, but I came back tonight and did a search to check on Mackerel. I am so very sorry that you lost her. She sure put up a good fight. RIP sweet girl!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's a month today since I lost Mackerel. I still miss her so much.
I keep being reminded about her in the most random ways. -sigh- I burst into tears on the bus earlier this week when it went by My Best Friend Vet Center in Leederville, where I first took her to be checked out. I'm just... having trouble remembering the good things, and not her final days or how she died.
I miss her. I miss her so much.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is, so hard. Only a month...barely enough time to process your loss, in my opinion. Love and hugs from me and mine.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm so sorry, sweetie. Maybe it's time to look back through some pictures, to help revive some of the happy memories (though that will hurt plenty too!).

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Tons of big
, Jalindal.
After only a month, it'll usually be the littlest things that bring it all back. I still cry for my Cotton.

I'll second Laurie's suggestion to go through pictures. I put together a photo scrapbook of Cotton's life with us in the 2 months after his passing and while I cried a lot, it really did help and I smiled a lot too.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my mom died, the whole family had trouble remembering anything but her last days.

Then, it was so strange, everything switched. After a bit, we hardly remembered her last days and now have great memories of her in good health.

For a while it gets harder and you are in the middle of that. But, just hang in there. It will never go away, but it will sting a bit less.

Thinking of you and Mack.
I hope you start feeling better soon.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, sweetie. I'm so sorry you're still hurting.
It's only been a month: your pain is still very fresh. I still grieve over Maverick, and it's been over a year since I lost him.
I don't cry every day now, but I still miss him horribly. It's just not the same without him.

I wish I could offer words of comfort. All I can do is give you
and hope that your pain ease soon.