Lymphoma - support...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueisland

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am thinking about you Anne and Alaska. Sending lot of good vibes 

Hope you are just busy and all is well...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anne thomason

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry all i couldnt figure out how to login on phone.

Alaska was a champ - as i knew she would be - thru the surgery. However the vet called toward the end to let me know none of it was removable and it was in her stomach and even with chemo there was no getting better. She said she could buy her 1-2 months but those would be for me as she would continue to deteriorate. So i did the right thing and let her cross over the bridge. She will be in good company as her sister marley (the dal) crossed over in october.

I regret leaving her at the vets for two weeks, had i of known i woild have brought her home and let her go outside and cuddle with her friends (altho she stayes at the vets mostly for fluids) but i did what i thought was right.

Hopefully she knew how much i love her and hoe hard i tried.

Run free sweet kitty. You will be missed!

mphscat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh honey i am sorry and my heart cries for you....but you did EVERYTHING you could and you made the right choice to let her go peacefully. That is the biggest sign of love but an incredibly hard choice. Don't second guess yourself...you made the right decision with the info you had at the time. Alaska was blessed to have you as her "mom". God bless you both.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I ams o sad to hear this...but, as been said before, you did all you could do....You did what you thought was right...You took very good care of you little baby...

Alaska knew she was loved---thank you for that. She will always be with you in your hear and spirt...she is running free over the rainbow bridge...and watching over you...

(((((HUGS)))))  

Cyn and Artie

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH hun... I am terribly so, so sorry and please don't be hard on yourself trying to the best for Alaska these past two weeks. We can't foresee and only do what is best for hope in that moment and there was hope during these past two weeks. I hope you can be at peace with your decision (s) and know that Alaska will always be with you in your heart - forever - and that all of the love you gave her she has now returned back to you so you can carry on and share the love. You did the right thing for her - and I know this all too well. :alright: In time, you will see that this was the way it was to be for your own peace of mind - doing all you could to save her and find out what was wrong - otherwise, if you had not, you would always be wondering IF you could have done something - anything. Now you know, that was not to be nor be the case. My thoughts and prayers go out to you tonight. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anne thomason

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks to all of you. I think on wednesday she was teying to tell me to let her go. She kept pushing away from me which wasnt typical.

I put her in my lap and she got up and walked two steps and layed down.

She was so weak and worn down. I just so hoped it could be removed and we had more time....

She had wasted away to nothing. She couldnt even meow which was her favorite thing.

It still hurts more than i can say. I honestly feel numb. She was a super sweet cat.

The vet actually commented the first day that she was by far the most handleable cat who came in.

She was bossy and very persistant about her lovings and trying to steal food but she was an awesome little girl. Just wish her time had been longer.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Anne, everyone here are TCS would like to let you know that we are so sorry for your loss.  We understand the pain and offer you our condolences.

We will lock this thread out of respect for Alaska, as we always do when our members face such a loss.  We invite you to start a memorial post in our Crossing the Bridge forum for your dear friend.

RIP Lovely Alaska  

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.