Lunas Pregnancy

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You'll need to ask your veterinarian if it is safe to worm your cat while she is pregnant, and which preparations are safe to give.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's Drontal, also known as Droncit. And there's pyrantel pamoate. But it depends on which type of worms, and you should get your vet's recommendation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luna the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh i always thought you should wait to deworm until after they have them. Before i found this site the articles i read all said that it was safer to wait till after she had them, but i just wasn't sure how soon after she has them that i can give them to her.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's why I am recommending you call your vet about it.

I would not give anything orally to a pregnant cat without consulting a vet.

Last edited:

luna the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was just wondering(I am not going to buy any or use any of this right now only curious) have any of you used Bio D Diatomaceous Earth, Food Grade Codex for worms and or flea and ticks? i have been interested for awhile, but haven't used any before. some people say it works some say it doesn't, but im just curious if you or anyone you know have used it before?

luna the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lunas mucus plug came out today. she is just sitting in the nest and nesting, but otherwise she seems content.

luna the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes im just hoping with the storm coming tonight that she does not give birth. i have her locked in my room because the one she was in sometimes leaks. if i dont update back tomorrow then my power went out. the storm already killed 4 people in Dominica, but we should be fine.

luna the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
also i forgot to say last night me and my fiance saved a 5 or 6 week old kitten last night right before it started to storm last night. someone must have dumped her and lleft and the poor thing is skin and bone. she is getting dewormed and is going to get a bath for fleas. i also have her locked in her own room away from luna.

fostersrule

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh boy you guys have a full house:). It's awesome that you took that kitten in. Fingers crossed everything goes well!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How's the new kitten doing?

And where are you located with this storm? You can get a mobile version of The Cat Site on your phone. Do you have a car charger if you lose power?

You may have to sit with the cat and the kitten if the storm is bad in case they are afraid! :)

luna the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the new kitten is doing fine. she is just sleeping i gave her some dry kitten food that was mushed because i dont think its easy for her to eat hard dry food. she will if its there but i dont think its easy for her. she looks for a nipple when i hold her like if i was her mom. oh and she is a tuxedo colored kitten.

the power went out already like 15 mins ago. some of the island already have been without power for 8 hours already so i guess im lucky so far. the wind is picking up just a tad bit now strong winds though.

haha you should see the house. downstairs needs to be finished with a little bit of touches and that is where my two sheep are sleeping for the night. they are also with one of my dogs and my mother in law. upstairs is me the three cats a dog and my fiance. its a full house tonight hehe.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
luna the cat luna the cat

On what island do you live?

Have you given the kitten any wet food yet? I do think she is too little for hard dry food, so it's good you are wetting it. :)

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, so you are in Puerto Rico. I'm in Florida, and we are waiting to see if the same storm is coming our way early next week!

When your storm passes, if you are able, you can buy a kitten bottle and some formula for the kitten.

luna the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
not sure about tomorrow. they say it isnt going to pass untill 2 pm tomorrow and the stores closed early today. i dont think the local pet stores would be open.

luna the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Luna had three cute babies. she had them in the afternoon on friday right after the storm. it was scary i had no electric but luckily my mother in law has a little gas stove downstairs. whn she was having them the room was a little cool and the kittens were getting cold so i had to heat some rice up and stuff it in socks and i had bought candles so i lit a bunch of them around the room to get the room heated. everything seemed to have worked. the babies are fat and plump. Luna is a very good and very protective mom. i think there are two boys and a girl. one is black and other is black and white and the last is white with some highlights of grey or black on the tips of the ears. they are so cute. later i will upload pics. we had just gotten our electric back today. our electric box at the end of the street caught fire on friday and the people just left us without power. we had to keep on calling because they didnt want to show up to fix it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Goodness, you have been through quite a bit lately! I'm happy to hear that Luna has 3 healthy babies and that you have your power back. I'm glad you were able to keep them all warm too :).