Luna the blue eyed black cat

mishventurer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have recently adopted a full black cat with paraiba-blue eyes – her eyes changes with the lighting from blue to green (you can see the dual colours here in this photo).

She was formerly living on the streets (she's about 3-4 years old) and have possibly been abused since she cringes in fear whenever a hand is raised up to pet her. I hope to gain her trust and to slowly encourage her to be a more confident cat – would love advice on dealing with traumatised cats if anyone has any nuggets of advice to spare. She's just too beautiful to be living her life in fear~

She would also need to be slowly introduced to my existing cat, but only after I have gained her trust. That's another bridge which I'll cross when the time comes, for now she will be placed in her base camp to acclimate to us and her new surroundings.
Wish me luck everyone!
IMG_9229.jpg

Last edited:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, she is a beauty to behold! Congratulations and thank you for taking her in.

Take it slow. Soon Luna and your other cat could be best friends :vibes:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous. All this just takes time. Soft words, no quick approaches from you, and leaving treats behind when you leave. Trust takes time to build and you sound like you have everything under control and know what you are doing. You earn a cat's love, and when you get it, it is one of life's treasures. Come here anytime you have a question, we have seen it all between all of us! PS almost all my cats have that color beautiful eyes, they have a lot of Oriental background in them. They are talkative, curious, sometimes stubborn, and very loyal to the people who love them!

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been through the process of re socializing a cat that has been roughly treated, hit with things and slapped around and squirted with water bottles and things and he was super aggressive when I first got him, he is still a roughnut but a fun cat to have now.
If you need some ideas only to willing to help.