Lumps on cats lower belly? Primordial Pouch or something actually bad?

topcatdave

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I am just reaching out on here because I noticed some weird feeling fatty tissue on my 6 year old female cat's lower stomach (in between her legs, where the Primordial Pouch is), I am probably just being paranoid but I am not sure if this normal or not and my biggest fear is that it's possibly a tumor. It's not just a single lump, it's actually probably 2 and they are practically symmetrical and not very far apart but they seem to be pretty movable and probably swing from side to side when she runs/walks.

It's hard for me to get a good look or feel becayse she does not and never has let anyone feel or touch her stomach or belly for more than 5 seconds at a time) could this just be the Primordial Pouch? The lumps feel fatty and like they have some muscle tissue as well.

What do you guys think? I'm probably just being paranoid, but I can't risk anything happening to my baby.

thanks in advance for any input, I appreciate your guys' time! I'll probably bring her in this week either way, even though I'd hate to put her through that stress just to absolve my own paranoia.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. It is hard to say for sure, without seeing it - or probably more importantly touching it. Depending on her spay incision, it is possible that the primordial pouch is 'split' into two segments - one on each side of the incision scar. I don't feel any kind of 'muscle type' tissue in Feeby's primordial pouch, so that part I am unsure of, but hers doesn't exactly feel like total 'flab' either.

Cats who are overweight can acquire fat deposits, so if your cat is carrying a bit extra weight, she might have them. I am not sure they would necessarily be symmetrical, however. You could also check with people you know who have female cats and ask them about their cats' primordial pouches.

Having said all that, you probably should have a vet take a look, or at least call them and ask if it should be checked out based on your description. They might have some particular questions for you to answer that might be helpful in determining if this could be something that needs further attention.

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree with Feeby you should have a vet take an xray if something feels diffrent to you.