Lumps in my kitten's breasts.

JoannaWinters

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so stressed I'm losing my mind!
I have a kitten, she just turned 6 months old. She's not yet spayed, she didn't have heat yet either. She has been bottle fed since she was two weeks old, she's a small kitty, not too big for her age.
She's strictly indoors, never been outside.
I just discovered that she has lumps under her two nipples, the ones that are closest to her back legs. Very small ones, not visible through the skin. One is a bit elongated, another one round. She doesn't react negatively to touch and doesn't seem to lick them or feel anything painful.
I'm terrified that this is cancer because I'm reading that most lumps in cats are cancer.

Attachments

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
At six months, they could be hormonal. My first thing to do would be book her in for spaying, and then the vet can check them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JoannaWinters

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
At six months, they could be hormonal. My first thing to do would be book her in for spaying, and then the vet can check them
She's definitely going as soon as possible. She has been rather small so it was advised to wait 😭

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
My girl was very small but was spayed at five months.. she should be fine. :)

Ilinca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's definitely going as soon as possible. She has been rather small so it was advised to wait 😭
An update, please, Johanna? I share the exact same story (same age, same 2 nipples) and the vet reopens only on the 27th. I m going crazy reading on the internet... Thank you, hope your kitty is ok.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Given that your vet reopens on Tuesday, plan on calling for an appointment. Don't spend all Christmas weekend reading the internet. Any health website for humans or animals will always list worst case scenario in order to avoid liability.

The OP posted so recently that she may not have had time or been able to gather more information.

Ilinca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! Of course I will go on Tuesday morning, but, since then... yes, the Internet does not help too much in raising hope. Thank you and Merry Christmas!