lumps and bumps and oh my

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi there! Need a WHOLE LOT more information, please. For example, what does it look like, is it hard or soft, is it moveable or 'fixed', is it underneath or on top of the skin? Is he indoor only, or? The more info you can give us the better!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Micki B.

FurBall Inn Inc.
Kitten
Purraise
he wont let me anywhere near his bits-..he freaks out/...hes got super long fur and i cant see it...it feels hard and small...but its very hard to get near it he freaks...which makes me think it hurts or its fur tangle and hes been pulling at it...which is why i though it was just fur ball...he has never been outside...he is neutered.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This may be matted fur; however, if you can't get a look at all, go to the vet. Even if you can get a look at it, you won't be able to determine what kind of lump it is.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:yeah: If he is not accustomed to you touching him and checking him over, it might not be pain at all - just resistance. Based on what you are describing and the fact that he is 'pulling at it' suggests it likely is matted fur, especially if it is "moveable".

Since he is long haired, what do you normally do to help keep his hair/fur in good shape? At his age, you might need to consider figuring out how to help him with his hygiene - it kind of happens, even more so with long-haired cats, as they get older.

Also, as noted above, when a cat reaches his age, when in doubt a vet visit in generally in order.