Lump on paw. Cancer?

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats lump is hard too.
I wouldn't take that to mean anything in and of itself. You need further investigation/identification, is the bottom line.

My cat's tumors are located in completely different regions of his body (head/neck/chest) and the pathology report said the particular tumors that were biopsied possibly originated from regional lymph nodes, but that particular aspect is inconclusive. Although the disease is 100% confirmed as large-cell lymphoma.

I am just trying to describe the details of my cat's case, but the fact that the lump you are dealing with is on her paw, it's likely a very different cause. And could very well not be cancer.

I don't know much, but I do know I'd pursue further steps to get the problem identified, as soon as you can. Other wiser users can chime in with advice on if/what the hardness of the lump could mean.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If the antibiotics don't work, you need to go to whatever your vet advises as the next step. We hear medical talk about whether or not a lump is hard or soft or moveable or stuck in one place, but none of us are in a position to make a final determination. Your vet has a lot of experience and while we hope it is not cancerous, the fact that your cat is not in pain does not indicate anything that you can rely on, just as the texture of the lump does not.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you read the link I posted? It might be that. It can be diagnosed through cytology in house. Treatment is usually Doxycycline.
My very first thought was that it might be Pillowfoot, which is what that link is all about. As S silent meowlook asked, did you look at that link, and was this ever mentioned by the Vet? If they didn't give you the Doxy as the antibiotic for it, that might be worth a try to see if it helps, unless this has already been ruled out by your Vet.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We hear medical talk about whether or not a lump is hard or soft or moveable or stuck in one place, but none of us are in a position to make a final determination.
[...]
the fact that your cat is not in pain does not indicate anything
100% agree with these points.

I did not mean to start talking about lump consistency as a means of determining what anything is. I brought it up just as a comment after the "prick test" was mentioned earlier. It's not diagnostically meaningful.

B Britt britt , I hope you can get more advice from your vet about how to further diagnose the issue. I certainly don't know anything about veterinary medicine, so my advice is often just "this is what my cat went through" and I try to describe my cat's symptoms with as much detail as possible, so that if any of it is relevant, you can compare/contrast.