Lump on my cats belly

805catman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Bombay cat is roughly 10 years old and for about a year or two, he’s had a soft lump on his stomach area with a black spot on the top. I had it checked out and the vet didn’t seem very concerned but never gave me a definitive answer. It stays about the same size however about 6 months ago, it was suddenly gone. There was just a black dot on his skin and everything looked pretty normal but in less than a week the lump came back as quickly as it left and returned the same size as before. It doesn’t seem to bother him or affect his behavior in any way, It’s just something that I would like to learn more about🤷🏽‍♂️
D45E98AA-9081-475F-A132-5EFD4E2B73EA.jpeg

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Your vet thought it was nothing serious but I am curious as to what he thought it was. Does he know it returned?

Cherubgirl97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats can have skin tags, moles, freckles and acne. My 11-year-old male cat, Oliver, has had acne for around two years and gets eczema on his back. He also has two cysts under his arm but they are non-cancerous cysts, commonly seen in cats his age. If you’re not satisfied with your vets initial opinion, you could get a second opinion from a different practice or vet. My vets charge £38 for a consultation and they’re considered high end (expensive) in my area, England-UK.

Another (now passed) 10-year-old cat of mine, Olivia, was taken to the vets after finding two lumps on her behind and despite being told they weren’t cancerous she died 6 months later in her sleep. We paid for anti inflammatories, pain relief and draining of the lumps (they weren’t removable). However, these lumps were of a significant size, unlike your kitty’s.

In my opinion (based on 13 cats in experience), if it comes and goes as you say, it could be a minor reaction to a flea bite. They tend to feed in the same area, particularly in more hairless areas such as the ears and belly. Giving cats flea treatments isn’t as effective as we cat lovers would like. I find daily manual combing most effective with flea pippets on the nape of the neck monthly, daily vacuuming and flea spray on furniture and flea bombs every few months. If you’re unsure or uncomfortable with chemicals, natural garlic extract flea tablets are available to crush and mix into wet cat food. They don’t taste of garlic for the cat, but are lethal for fleas. Bathing your cat and using household items like coconut oil are also suitable alternatives.

Have you tried salt water bathing (2 teaspoons of salt, 250ml of water- standard sized cup) and Sudocrem antiseptic healing cream (it’s suitable for cats)?