Lump On Kittens Neckk

kaybe93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this, my kitten has recently been in for his second round of vaccinations, shortly after this, he developed a small bump on the back of his neck and i'm not sure if the two are related. This isn't causing him any pain and he lets you touch it but looking at it, it doesn't look puss filled or anything like that. I'm wondering if it is maybe just from his vaccination? He had his injection on the 07/05/2017 and it is still around now (02/06/2017).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did they give him his vaccinations in the general area of the lump? Protocol these days is to give the injections in their legs vs between the shoulder blades, so I don't see how this could be related.

If they DID give him the shot in the general area of the lump, they say as long as it's no larger than .79 inches in width and doesn't last longer than 3 months (according to one website I read), then it's nothing to worry about. I only know this because I have the same thing going on right now with one of my own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaybe93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did they give him his vaccinations in the general area of the lump? Protocol these days is to give the injections in their legs vs between the shoulder blades, so I don't see how this could be related.

If they DID give him the shot in the general area of the lump, they say as long as it's no larger than .79 inches in width and doesn't last longer than 3 months (according to one website I read), then it's nothing to worry about. I only know this because I have the same thing going on right now with one of my own.

Hi, they did give him his injections on the back of his neck between the shoulder blades which is where his lump is.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! Your Vet must to very old school to have given it in that part of the body. I thought they changed up to giving vaccines in the legs several years ago :confused2:

My boy's lump is on his leg. I'm monitoring it hoping it will recede :crossfingers: Hope your boy's does too.