Lump On Kittens Head

fpace

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
We currently have three stray cats that we have been feeding and looking after for over a year now, they casually live with us and we provide them with there basic needs. Yesterday, a kitten arrived in our backyard, our cats have been mostly staying away from that kitten and they don't seem to have any problems with each other. The part that worries me is this kitten that has come in has a large lump on the side of his/her head, below its eye, which means that its eye is either closed or partially open most of the time. I'm not sure what it has, I can't take it to the VET since I'm home with my older brother (who is 18) and our parents have left and are coming back late at night. Any tips on what I should do, and what is the lump?
Thanks

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it is most likely an abscess. They can get very large. Since it is a kitten it could also be a birth defect.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fpace

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UIKEYINPUTRIGHTARROW
I think it is most likely an abscess. They can get very large. Since it is a kitten it could also be a birth defect.
Thanks, that could be likely. I looked up pictures of a abscess on cats on google, and it doesn't seem like one, he/she still has fur over the lump, is it possible the lump just came from an injury like someone bumping there head? And if it is a abscess, what should i do?