Lump on kittens ear

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hmm, I've got no idea. Does it seem to bother your kittten? Any scratching at it or pawing the ear? If you touch it does it bother him/her? Just gathering info in case anyone else has any ideas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wilson1022

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! Doesn’t seem to bother him at all even when I touch it.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. That's on the back of his ear, correct? Is it hard or soft? Can you move it around with your fingers or does it seem to be immobile? It could be any number of growths - cyst, wart, tumor, etc. Perhaps, your vet would be willing to take a look at a pic you send to them? They might know what it is, or they may tell you to let them take a closer look at it. If the vet tells you to just keep an eye out on it, then take pics of it so that you can monitor any growth or other changes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wilson1022

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s not movable and it feels pretty hard! Taking him in next week for second round of shots I’ll see if they can take a look then.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since he is seeing the vet next week, having them check it out then is probably good enough. But, still you might go ahead and take pics of it between now and then, in case it does grow/change - then, you can show the vet the changes (if any) you see in it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I may be seeing things or it could be my computer screen but it looks like some type of bug is imbedded in the skin. Regardless, I'm glad you have a vet appointment next week and can get it checked out. Good luck, please keep us posted. :goodluck: